Sesame Street Season 38 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I want to see Herry and FilFil get together and do some stuff together as well as the others too. Grover, Cookie Monster and Herry need some new segments together too. I know I'm a big fan of Sesame Street it's just the last season was so cool and it was neat to see some of the new stuf and songs. I hope to see something new and all. Glad to see Abby will be back for all the episodes. I would love to see a sing along episode that fetures all the characters and even some of the not so older ones. But I'll still enjoy no matter what happens. Can't wait!:stick_out_tongue: :frown:

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
I want to see Herry and FilFil get together and do some stuff together as well as the others too. Grover, Cookie Monster and Herry need some new segments together too. I know I'm a big fan of Sesame Street it's just the last season was so cool and it was neat to see some of the new stuf and songs. I hope to see something new and all. Glad to see Abby will be back for all the episodes. I would love to see a sing along episode that fetures all the characters and even some of the not so older ones. But I'll still enjoy no matter what happens. Can't wait!:stick_out_tongue: :frown:

I agree we need new segments featuring the classic SS Monsters of Harry, grover and Cookie, even Frazzle if they could manage it. :cry:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Thank you Phil! Sound's real good so far! Glad to hear that Abby will be in a lot more episodes next season!:smile:

Big Bird Fan

Reaction score
I was especially glad to hear Marco will be getting more air time. I was afraid they'd just kinda forget about him and we'd see him once or twice or something. It sure would be nice if we could get back to episodes revolving around humans instead the usual Baby Bear, Telly, Elmo, etc. filled episodes.

BEAR

Reaction score
Well, Marco will be a little older now, so he will be allowed more air time. I'm glad we'll be getting more Abby too. Thanks, Phil, for the update.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
That is great that the new character (Abby) will be on the show, hopefully she'll work. She has potential. The James Blunt spoof will be just awesome.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know... I'm looking forward to should there be another Law & Order Special Letters Unit parody sketch. Hope they learned their lessons with this past season's Dinner Theater sketches and maximize the parodical potential of any new sketches for that segment. But I'm most looking forward to the NY Jets players appearance, cause of the discussion that'd generate on ESPN's Mike and Mike in the Morning, given that Mike Greenberg (one of the two main hosts) is a lifelong NY Jets uber-fans.

wiley207

Reaction score
Yeah. Herry Monster is still around. He was in last year's Macy Thanksgiving Day Parade. So I'm sure Jerry Nelson could still perform him (along with the Count).

This would be impossible, but I'd also like to see new Monsterpiece Theater segments! Frank Oz or Eric Jacobson could perform Alistar Cookie (I think Eric could make a better Cookie Monster than David Rudman), and they would parody classic movies or stories that haven't been done yet, such as, say, the Titanic? The new skits could use the long opening sequence from 1991 to 1995. If older skits are rerun, they will use whatever print is available. If "Gone With the Wind" is rerun, it will probably have the newer "green curtain" title card. But if "The Postman Always Rings Twice" is rerun, it could probably use the original Union Jack opening sequence since I think a print of that original version is still around. If "Me, Claudius" is rerun, it would probably have the original footage complete with Alistar Cookie's pipe, but since it doesn't have an opening logo, they'd probably show the green curtain opening over the part where we pan across the room, complete with the original 1981 opening theme music (it was re-recorded in 1991).

Also, I think for when they do numbers 2 to 12 for the number of the day, they should bring back the Pinball Number Count! It could come after a Number of the Day segment with the Count, and would fit really well on the show.

If it's possible, there could be an episode where the Muppet Show Muppets come to visit Sesame Street! I've always wanted to see that (aside from "Muppet Family Christmas," and Kermit's regular appearances on the 1969-2002 episodes).

Status
Not open for further replies.