Sesame Street Season 38 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiley207

Reaction score
When they said it's going to be the last season taped on that set, that might mean that after this season they will probably switch studio facilities. A similar thing happened in 1992. That's why they added that crazy calypso theme.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
When they said it's going to be the last season taped on that set, that might mean that after this season they will probably switch studio facilities. A similar thing happened in 1992. That's why they added that crazy calypso theme.
Naw, if that were the case, then they'd say they're moving to a new studio, and where and what this new studio would be... wouldn't they?

SSLFan

Reaction score
Ok, you hated the calypso theme. Must you keep repeating that!:grouchy:

Erine81981

Reaction score
ssetta said:
Okay, about the theme music:

ALL of the theme music in Season 38 will be new. Opening, play-on, closing, credits, etc. None of it is going to be the same. And the theme is mostly going to be computer-animated. And also, listen to this. I was told that Season 38 is the LAST SEASON going to be taped on that set! Apparently, in Season 39, it's going to be completely new. Half real, and half computer-animated. I'm not really sure how it will look, but I know that I'm NOT going to like it. I think it will sort of look like that song "See the Signs." I can't believe this! :cry:
I kind of like this. I would love to see something new happen in the Street sceens or new CGI stuff. I know everyone don't like changes but if it does happen i'm going to accept it no matter what. I just hope to maybe see new characters or old ones maybe come back.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well CGI on Television is tricky, if it's not not done well it can look cheap and fake. But I don't mind the idea so much, if it happens. The only thing that ever really bothers me is the lack of classic material.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Someone uploaded a preview of James Blunt's "My Triangle" sketch that will be on season 38.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2Z6tDSb6c8
Considering I HATE the real song, and it's clearly identical (as a parody) to "How I miss my X" and "I don't know Y" it was alright. They need to rehire Chris Cerf to do MUPPET parodies of the song with that parody song feel, where they take the same melody and change it so it doesn't sound the same so they don't have to pay anyone. I like that much better...

I'll tell you where I'm getting it. There's this woman who I regularly talk to, Vicki Levy. She works in the Music Department of the show. None of this has actually happened yet, this is just what she was told. And actually, I think half of the set will be real, and half of it will be computer generated. Like I think Hooper's Store will be there, but like the sky, and the stuff in the background will be computer-generated. Something like that. But that's all I know for right now.
While i was initially going to hurl and scream obscenities, I read that and I figured it doesn't sound too bad if just the sky were CGI and stuff... as long as they don't replace anymore muppetes with CGI (what they did with the Twiddlebugs and Sesame Christmas Carol). I mean, it's like replacing a fine dinner of Lobster Tail and Filet Mignon with a McDonald's Hamberger and a can of Tuna.... It's cheaper, but not as satisfying. I think even considering replacing the Muppets with CGI is even worse than all the monster Club Houses, Heroguys and Elmo's Worlds combined....

somethingofafan

Reaction score
Naw, if that were the case, then they'd say they're moving to a new studio, and where and what this new studio would be... wouldn't they?
Well, it´s still early, and we´re getting this information second- or third- hand. Wait and see.

Drtooth

Reaction score
August 13th... how come I feel that the date is never going to come? :sympathy:

Status
Not open for further replies.