Battle Within: The Spider-Man 3 Thread (Spoilers Ahead!)

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
It's not a wake up call for Sony at all.

It made 60 million in it's second week out! Most movies don;'t make that it their first week out. It made over 100 million world wide in it second weekend out in one week end. It's make over 600 million in just two weeks and it's already the 30th biggest movie of all time! I would consider that more then pretty good!:smile: It's beyond industry expectation! It's broken every record a movie could ever break. It's made way beyond it's over 200 million budget! add in all the merchandise and tie inns and there is no alarm for Sony at all.

28 weeks later only made 10 million and came no where near spider-man in comparison and had nothing on in party due to the fact that movie goers were watching spider-man instead!

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
I just saw Spidey 3 last night. I'm not a comic book kid and I came to the first movie way back when just because everyone was talking about it and I figured I had to see it. I liked it, but wasn't that thrilled. Then a group of friends dragged me to see Spider-Man 2 opening weekend and OMG, I LOVED it! Obviously it was a phenomenal movie, but I was just floored by how good it was. So anyway, I was really looking forward to seeing SM3 and I had made plans to see it with my sister when I came home post-graduation this weekend, but she cancelled on me (booo Caitlin) and so I called up my cousin Brian and we went out to the mall and movie last night.

I enjoyed it, but let me say... Well, let's start with the good parts: I loved Peter dealing with his dark side, especially the scene when he was fighting Harry. Speaking of which, I LOVED Harry and all his development and--

***SPOILER***

I was really, really devestated when he died. Terribly. He was the most captivating actor in the entire movie and the 4th one that they're talking about now will really be lacking something major without him.

***END SPOILER***

I thought Topher Grace did a great job being a jerk. He's always the good, cutesy guy, and I just really disliked him for the first half of the movie, and was psyched when Peter revealed his cheat. But when he saw Gwen and Peter on the way to the jazz club and his face just looked so sad... My heart went out for him. And I liked Gwen, which I didn't think I would, because Bryce Dallas Howard just... annoys me. But I really liked her and she looked stunning!

And the fight scenes. Awes.

Things I didn't like:
  • The dance sequence. *shudder*
  • Peter happy. It was boring. It's no wonder that movies/TVs keep the couples apart--it really is just wicked boring when they're happy. I prolly rolled my eyes 30 times at the screen for the first idk hour when Peter was walking around in La La Land.
  • Mary Jane. I don't know if it's Kirsten Dunst or MJ herself, but I just can't like this chic. Throughout every single movie, she's my biggest problem. I really didn't care for her at. All. I was totally rooting for Peter/Gwen.
  • The dance sequence.
  • MJ's Broadway show. What was that? Is she on Broadway in the year 1920? Was that a Gershwin show? It was wrong, wrong, WRONG! And if Kirsten Dunst wasn't Kirsten Dunst, her voice would never get her to a jazz club, let along Broadway. Thin? Very. Annoying? Even more.
  • The break up scene on the bridge. *Rolls eyes*
  • The dance sequence.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the movie. And contrary to what critics were saying, I never had any problem following the story line. The individual villians definitely weren't given enough time on screen because there were three of them (potentially four if you separate Venom from Eddie Brock), but I was entertained and, like I said, the fight scenes were phenomenal. I jumped out of my seat a few good times and gasped aloud even more.

So yeah. There are my thoughts. :smile:

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Well, let's start with the good parts: I loved Peter dealing with his dark side, especially the scene when he was fighting Harry. Speaking of which, I LOVED Harry and all his development and--

***SPOILER***

I was really, really devestated when he died. Terribly. He was the most captivating actor in the entire movie and the 4th one that they're talking about now will really be lacking something major without him.

***END SPOILER***

I thought Topher Grace did a great job being a jerk.

Things I didn't like:
  • The dance sequence. *shudder*
  • Mary Jane. I don't know if it's Kirsten Dunst or MJ herself, but I just can't like this chic. Throughout every single movie, she's my biggest problem. I really didn't care for her at. All. I was totally rooting for Peter/Gwen.
  • The dance sequence.
  • MJ's Broadway show. What was that? Is she on Broadway in the year 1920? Was that a Gershwin show? It was wrong, wrong, WRONG! And if Kirsten Dunst wasn't Kirsten Dunst, her voice would never get her to a jazz club, let along Broadway. Thin? Very. Annoying? Even more.
  • The dance sequence.
So...what did you think of the dance sequence? I don't think you mentioned it:big_grin:

I know a lot of people don't share this with me (especially my friends, who can't stand him), but I think Harry was one of the more interesting and intriguing characters in Spidey 1 and 2. I really enjoyed his character development, from being Peter's friend and protector to rival for MJ's affections to a young man torn between his loyalty to his friend and avenging his father. I think Franco was perfect for the role.

I like Topher Grace, too, and I'll be interested in seeing him playing a bad guy.

I'm not a Kirsten Dunst fan. There was controversy when she was cast in the first film, and I guess some fans still haven't warmed to her. Some say Bryce would have made a better MJ, but I don't think I've ever seen her in anything, so I can't judge. I love character development in movies--even action movies--but I thought most of the Peter/MJ scenes in the first two movies caused them to grind to a screeching halt. I don't know what it is...I just don't find Kirsten Dunst that appealing.

Now Ursula, on the other hand...:flirt:

Speaking of Ms. Dunst, apparently Debbie Harry hand-picked her to star in a biopic based on her life.

Oh, and what did you think of the dance scene?:wink:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Going off-topic again, but there's a cool new commercial from Dodge that advertises the Fantasticar from Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. It's really cool, and I can't wait to see it in action in the movie.:smile:

Fantasticar Commercial from Dodge

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
It's Kirsten Dunst for me. I've never really been a fan. What's weird is that I want to be. I don't even find her all that attractive. It's that she's in so many movies that I figure she must be doing something right. The closest she's gotten to a unique role was in Marie Antoinette... and I kinda hated that flick, although it had more to do with Sofia Coppolla than anything.

Mary Jane is a fabulous character who should have been played by Bryce Dallas Howard from the start.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Meanwhile, guys, we need to get to work on pitching the Ursula movie!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ok, I have a question. It's not Spiderman, but it's X-men...so that kinda counts. :stick_out_tongue:

In X3, Magento lifts Wovlerine into the air and flings him through the forest...later on, Wolverine walks up to Jean against all her attempts to move him. Why couldn't she just throw him the way Mag did?

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Here's some ideas:
1) She probably wanted to dissentergrate him.
2) The "good" part of her was holding herself back.