Battle Within: The Spider-Man 3 Thread (Spoilers Ahead!)

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Yeah, Willem Dafoe has a little cameo, not as grand as his last one, but he appears in the mirror again. Oh, and you know how the opening credits of the 2nd movie summed up the first one in comic book form? (I love how they did that.) Well, the third one retells both movies in the opening credits through clips and his "Avenge me!" is there as well.

Yeah, I rolled my eyes at the butler scene. I just don't get it. It's stupid.

And as to if the end of the movie wrapped up the Peter/MJ/Harry storyline well... I'm gonna go with no. I felt like there was a lot more that could have been done, and it was too nicely wrapped up.

I don't read the comics, but thanks to wikipedia I know a good amount about what goes on in the Spider-Man comics and I find it odd that they had MJ from the beginning as Peter's love interest, even though Gwen Stacy was actually his first girlfriend. And didn't she die horrifically and it was unclear whether or not it was Peter or the fall that actually killed her?
Yes, Gwen does die in the books, but it's been so long since I've actually read a Spidey comic, I forget exactly what caused her demise. I remember Peter being extremely devastated and haunted over her death, though. Maybe dabauckham can give a much more detailed explanation.

Actually, I was surprised Gwen wasn't introduced in the first film. I was surprised it took this long to bring her in.

And I loved the opening credits for the first two Spidey films, especially part 2. The credits for this one sound like the best ones yet!

Ya know, I have a day off from work tomorrow, and all this talk about the film...maybe I'll take in a matinee.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Gwen dies in the Green goblin ultimatum, with him dropping a lot of people and Gwen (MJ as shown in the movie). Spiderman caught her, but she died. I think. I'm pretty sure that's what happened.

dabauckham

Reaction score
Gwen dies in the Green goblin ultimatum, with him dropping a lot of people and Gwen (MJ as shown in the movie). Spiderman caught her, but she died. I think. I'm pretty sure that's what happened.
You got it right. I gotta run out the door, so I can't write more now, but yeah, Beau...that's pretty much what happened. Spidey tries to web her as she's falling, and in the process her neck snaps. There's a nice collection of the story (which is quite good) called "The Death of Gwen Stacy" I'd recommend it to anyone remotely interested in Green Goblin and/or Gwen Stacy. It's not only the death of Gwen Stacy, it's also the death of you know who from the 1st movie....

Later, y'all! :smile:

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Going back to Sofia Coppola - the only thing she's ever done that I enjoyed was the music video for The Flaming Lips' This Here Giraffe.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
747 million, it's the 22nd biggest movie of all time! You adjust Gone With The Wind for inflation, and that's a different story, but I don't want to get into that.:big_grin:

dabauckham

Reaction score
Eh, no worries, Winslow. It's not like the movie is leaving the box office anytime soon. :wink: Incidentally, anyone seen the new Shrek movie? I've heard very mixed things about it.