Muppet Treasure Island: Buried Treasure

Beauregard

Reaction score
In fact I'd say they looked her over...

The whole of the roll-call was great (though I expected a bread roll the first time I heard it...at about 7). "Aye aye!" The Toms were hilarious. Is it ironic that one eyed Jack just called "Aye"?

Oh but speaking of random pirates (were we speaking of random pirates? We are now anyway...) Who and why, Short Stack Stevens? He was there for a lot of the movie...but just sort of...there. With no real purpose.

But that Calico guy was awesome.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually... That Calico guy was seen previously in another Muppet production. The actor who played Calico Jerry was Frederick Warder... He was perhaps better known as the Heartless Giant from one of the StoryTeller episodes.

Something I've always liked about MTI is the interaction between both parts of the cast. And the ending where Long John simply slips away is very meaningful, after there's been a bond made between him and Jim Hawkins. Maybe Squire Trelawny will reward the lads for retrieving Captain Flint's treasure, or the lost Benjamina Gunn, or maybe he'll just send his nephew in the form of a gofer to get the payment on the boat which was never collected.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Something that has always struck me as odd, is the puppet with the chin that almost touches his nose. He doesn't quite look right amidst the other Muppets, and he looks slightly like Punch. Anyone know who he is and why he is there?

peyjenk

Reaction score
Something that has always struck me as odd, is the puppet with the chin that almost touches his nose. He doesn't quite look right amidst the other Muppets, and he looks slightly like Punch. Anyone know who he is and why he is there?
I know who you are talking about, but I have never seen him as necessarily out of place. He's in MCC, too.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Muppet Treasure Island is great. I had mixed feelings when I first saw it (opening weekend!) but having been to the set and seeing the final result it's truly amazing how much production went into this film even more so then on past and present Muppet projects. Visually it's a spectacular film, it realized my dream of having Tim Curry my favorite actor of all time performing alongside the Muppets, it incorporated a lot of the secondary and even third tier characters in a lot of cameos throughout the film. It's just an all around WONDERFUL film.

I've had very mixed emotions about all Muppet projects since Jim's passing and this film is definitely one of the positive things that have been produced since along with Muppet Christmas Carol, and some other stuff here and there.

peyjenk

Reaction score
I've been thinking about this some more, and I haven't changed my mind, but I thought I'd add something else... the one puppet that always did seem weird to me was the orange one with a wedge-shaped chunk cut out of his nose. I never got what the point was of a sliced nose, and it always just looked weird to me.

Not fun, Muppet weird, mind you, but odd, out-of-place weird.

Kiki

Reaction score
MTI is my one of my all-time favorite movies (this applies to Muppet movies and just movies in general). I nearly know all the lines off by heart, lol, and so does my brother. :wink: The film is very funny and the songs are fantastic. Aw man, no matter how many times I watch this film I never get sick of it! It has a really good vibe to it.