The Spectacular Spidey/Muppets Celebration

muppetwriter

Reaction score
BTW: Got an idea of what Alissa Lori Thomas looks like... But could you please provide a descript for everybody else who might not be able to see the images you posted for some reason or other? And what movie actress, animated character, or diva would you say she resembles best from your vast field of franchises?
Well, only Alissa herself could describe to anyone what she looks like. But if I were to sum it all up into one word, it'd be "goddess", because that's exactly what she is.:smile:

She's such a unique, beautiful young woman. It's hard to say what movie actress, animated character, or diva she resembles, especially from my "vast field of franchises."

She sort of reminds me of Famke Janseen (the actress who played Jean Grey in the X-Men films). Hope that helps.:wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. It does, sorry it took me so long to reply, was listening to Muppet Show Live on Muppet Musique. My eyes were still somewhat good back in 2000, so I kind of know the actress from the clips of X-Men 1 that aired on TV back then.
If you can get Alissa to come back online and if she wants to describe herself herself, then I'd like to hear from her. Hope she gets here and joins us for when the third crossover starts or gets underway.

Again, thanks and have a great day.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
If you can get Alissa to come back online and if she wants to describe herself herself, then I'd like to hear from her. Hope she gets here and joins us for when the third crossover starts or gets underway.
I'll try my best to get her to sign on. She often tells me how screwy her computer gets sometimes, which minimizes her internet time. I still send her messages on MySpace, telling her about everyone and what's been up on the boards. Sometimes she replies to them, sometimes she just reads them. But she's trying her best to sign on when she has the chance.

She also works her butt off a lot. So that shortens her time on the net, too.

She'll eventually join in and check out the story. Don't worry.:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK then... So long as she's trying, that's all we can ask owing to her busy schedule and that thing we call "life".
Takecare MW.

G-MAN

Reaction score
I love this stuff, I can't wait for Spiderman 3, and then "The Spectacular"

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Glad to see you're just as excited as I am, G-MAN. I promise that I won't disappoint anyone with my version of the film, which will be a thousand times more different.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Here's one last sneek peak from the story, which is inspired by what I believe is one of the most memorable scenes from the movie.:smile:

"The Spectacular" (Sneek Peak)
"Birth of Venom (MARVELOUS Style)"

Sean could barely compose himself as he walked into the church with Lori, as she was guiding Edward by the arm. Stanley wasn’t too far behind them, staring upwards at the great interior of the church, which made him feel smaller than he already was. He then look to his cousins and his recently newest friend, Edward, and realized that they even looked tiny compared to the gigantic basilica. The small Muppet child sat down at one of the pews near the back of the room, where Sean sat as well.

“Lori, I…I…” Sean looked up at her with reddened eyes from the hours that he spent crying and thinking of all that he had done for those days he spent, killing and terrorizing. “Thank you for bringing me here. I don’t know if God will forgive me for what I’ve done, but…I…”

“Shhh.” Lori gently placed a finger over Sean’s mouth, silencing him long enough to allow herself to speak. “Don’t talk. Just pray. I’m sure He’ll forgive. He always does.” Sean nodded in acknowledgement before lowering his head and settling his hands down over the pew in front of him. Lori focused on Stanley, who just watched his cousin look extremely guilty and seemed very scared, not knowing exactly why he felt that way. “Stanley, sweetie…keep an eye on him, while we head back to Ed’s place.”

“Will Cousin Sean be alright?” Stanley asked, and before answering, Lori looked to Edward, who had a look on his face that was very doubtful. If she could only see past those dark sunglasses of his and have some clue as to what he was thinking that moment, she could give Stanley a straight answer.

“I don’t know, baby.” She said. “Just pray along with him, OK?” Stanley nodded before lowering his own head and crossing his arms. Lori smiled at the way he prayed, knowing that he had a lot of faith in him. It was enough to give her hope for her brother’s condition.

“Come on, Alissa. We must hurry.” Edward said, placing a hand on her shoulder. She placed her hand over his, fighting back the tears and fearful thoughts running through her mind. Afterwards they both headed out, leaving Sean and Stanley to pray for forgiveness and hope. A short moment later, Eddie Brock Jr. stepped into the basilica, dipping his fingers into a puddle of holy water sitting on a pedestal and touching his forehead with the same fingers, before making a gesture that only Catholics could truly be familiar with.

The distressed Eddie walked down the aisle; the wet soles of his shoes dragged across the marbled floor, squeaking from every step he took. He was heavily drenched from the rainstorm that had been occurring outside the church, and he felt very cold and alone. When he finally made it to the pew at the very front of the room, he sat down and looked up at the golden statue of Jesus Christ nailed to the cross, on the verge of tears as he addressed it.

“It’s Brock…sir. Edward Brock Jr.” As he spoke to God, Stanley lifted his head to look up at him, recognizing him instantly from his recent trip to The Daily Bugle. “I come here before you today, humbled…and humiliated…to ask you for one thing…” Eddie swallowed hard before he made his plea to the Almighty, looking up at the statue with watery eyes. “I want you to kill Peter Parker.” Stanley couldn’t believe the request that Brock had made to the Lord, and it had even scared him knowing that it might happen to someone whom he had become good friends with. He immediately lowered his head and prayed for God to refuse Brock’s plea.

~~~~~~~~~~~​

Back in the bell tower, Gonzo and Kermit watched patiently with Kim, Ron, the Tennysons, Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, and Nani as Peter commenced in his attempt to remove the symbiote from his body. He started with the section of the costume that covered his neck and began pulling on the fabric. However, the suit was fighting back, stretching itself immensely as Peter tugged. It won the fight, snapping back in place and leaving Peter to become even more determined to take it off. He stood on his feet and began tearing away at the front part of his mask, which seemed just as hard to remove as the other section of his costume.

“Come on, Peter! You can do it!” Gonzo exclaimed.

“I…can’t…” Peter stumbled all across the room, tugging away at his mask, and in the process, he bumped against the bell.

BONG!!!!!

The incredible sound that the bell gave off, soon after Peter bumped against, was loud and very irritating. It forced everyone around Peter to cover their ears, as they reacted in pain. But just as they were irritated from the sound, the symbiote was as well, with parts of it
momentarily stretching away from Peter’s body and then snapping back to it. Peter screeched along with the black substance, echoing throughout the entire church.

The sounds of the bell and the screams caught the attention of Eddie Brock, Stanley, and Sean back in the basilica, as they all were distracted from their prayers, looking up towards the ceiling curiously. While Eddie stood up from his pew and looked towards a nearby door, Stanley and Sean were busy trying to figure out what the sound that accompanied the bell was.

“What was that, Cousin Sean?” Stanley asked, while Sean’s mind seemed to have been robbed of the horrible things that he had been feeling for some time, long enough for his attention to be focused on what was happening in that church.

“I don’t know.” He replied, looking at the ceiling for a little while longer, before focusing on Stanley. “You stay right here. I’ll be back.” Stanley did what he was told and sat right at the back pew, while Sean stepped out and walked into the nearest hallway, just as there was another scream and another loud ring from the bell.

In the bell tower, the group continued to watch, as Peter was
successful in getting large portions of the costume off his face and head. The substance was still clinging to that part of his body, stretching to great lengths and reforming desperately back over his neck and chin. Peter screamed even louder than before, equally as desperate to remove the symbiote from his skin as it was to stay on it.

“The bells are the only thing that’s weakening the suit.” Max indicated, looking back and forth between symbiote-covered Peter and the bells. “We have to keep them ringing.”

“Argh! Do we have to, Grandpa?!” Ben painfully asked, still covering his ears. “I think I’m getting a migraine!”

“Do you even know what a migraine is?” Gwen asked him, while Stitch did as Max had suggested and leaped onto the largest bell he could find, madly swinging on it and unleashing an incredible ringing noise that forced everyone, except for Peter, to head towards the stairs.

“MEEGA CHUCKA!!!” Stitch yelled, as the symbiote
started to give way from Peter’s body, turning back into its liquid form and melting away.

“It’s working! It’s working!!” Gonzo screamed through the pain in his ears.

“Good!!!” Kermit yelled.

Meanwhile, downstairs, Stanley’s curiosity began to get the best of him, and he leaped off the pew, running down the aisle and heading through the same door that Eddie had gone through. When he had come across a large, circular room, he spotted Eddie standing in the center of it and looking upwards to the bell tower. He noticed Peter standing by the edge,
still tearing away at his living costume, and was appalled to see that it was him who was Spider-Man the whole time.

“Parker…” He uttered, with a small, devilish grin forming on his face. But that grin had soon vanished, as a drop of
the symbiote came down from the tower and had landed on the shoulder of Eddie’s jacket. He immediately took it off, having no idea what it was that landed on him. As he looked up again, another drop came down towards Eddie’s face, and he positioned his hand in front of it, trying to block it away. However, the drop of the symbiote that had landed on the palm of his hand began to spread, covering his entire hand and then moving onto his wrist. “What the he…?!”

Stanley stood and watched in terror, as large amounts of the alien substance reached at Eddie with actual, gooey claws, pulling him up off the floor and dangling him in the air, as more and more of the symbiote began to cover his entire body. Eddie screamed in horror, scaring Stanley in the process, as he was dropped back to the floor. Pools of the symbiote surrounded his blackened body, while he was on his hands and knees, coughing up the bits of the symbiote that have made their way into his mouth. Soon the substance was up to his head, and he tilted it back, directing his eyes toward a frightened Stanley.

“M-M-Mr. Brock?” Stanley looked into his eyes, seeing how Brock’s pupils were turning ghostly white. He then looked at his teeth, which were becoming jagged and sharp as a knife. Eddie lowered his head again, and after he brought it back up, Stanley found himself staring at the face of a true demon that unleashed a terrifying screech as he lunged at the small, screaming Muppet child.

Both "The Spectacular" and Venom will be coming May 5th, this Saturday, to Muppet Central.

Stay tuned. We have more to come.:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Superb! I find these sneak peaks better than the two trailers I've seen so far.
Few nitpicks.
"which him feel smaller", should be "which made him feel smaller" instead.
"made to the pew at the very end" should be "made it to the pew at the very end" instead.
"to figure out what the sound that accompanied the bell", something here doesn't quite sound right, something's missing to finish off the sentence.
"Peter was successful in getting large potions of the costume", should be "large portions" instead.
"the symbiote started to give way from Peter’s body, turning back into its liquid form and melting away from Peter’s
body", the second instance of "Peter's body" should be cut, it's unnecessary.

Other than that... Oh my, Stanley, run!!!
And I positively loved the scene in the belltower... Ah, is that the champion of the night's entrance I hear with the tolls from the bells of doom? *Sorry, reference to something else, though I think you can guess what.
The party up there needs someone to ring the bells... What they need is an able-bodied professional bell ringer. Quasimodo my boy, it's your turn to fright. What, he's not in this story? Oh, please forgive the interruption.
Loved it all, please post more.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
MARVELOUS UPDATE!!!!​

This isn't really so much as an update. It's just some interesting news that I'd like to share with all who have read my stories thus far.:smile:

I know it seems that I usually spend my time writing stories based on films that are adaptations to Marvel Comics books, but outside the forum, I write other fanfic stories for other blockbuster films. Take this summer, for example. This summer I'll be working on these stories:

1) A Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends/Transformers crossover: I plan on basing this one off of the movie that's coming out this summer, in which characters from one popular animated series interact with ones based on another, all while following the main storyline of the film. For this story, I'm adding characters from other Cartoon Network shows, as well as ones from certain Nickelodeon programs. This crossover will be posted here: Foster's Message Board.

2) A Pirates of the Caribbean-centered story that intertwines and alternates the events of all three films, featuring characters from all different Disney shows and movies. It's the first story to a new fanfic series that I'm working on called "Legends of Disney", which has Mickey Mouse facing off against a forgotten and abandoned classic Disney character who is looking for revenge by ruining the life and career of "The Mouse" himself. This one I'll be working on simultaneously with the third Spidey/Muppets crossover and will even feature some Muppet characters. It will be posted on this forum: Disney Dreams Boards.

But despite the fact that I'll be working on these two stories next to the ones I'm setting up here on Muppet Central, I will always have time for what I can safely say is my best fanfic series, "The MARVELOUS Muppets" (as well as my other, "Sesame, DC").:smile:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
MARVELOUS UPDATE!!!

Today's the final day of "The Spectacular Spidey/Muppets Celebration"! It began on March 23rd, 2007 at 3:29PM and will end today (May 4th, 2007) at 4:00PM.

We have only two more interviews and one last musical performance left, so keep staying tuned.:smile: