Who is Your Favorite Muppet on SS

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Grover was always a favorite; how hard he tried, how annoyed he could get, and how darn cute he was! Hehe

"Remember this, kids, it is very important. Even if your mommy makes you a super hero costume, do not attempt to do any of these things, especially flying. Because you cannot do it. You do not have super powers. Because their is only one Super Grover. And that is me."

(That's from the Super Grover segement of the Eight Sesame Street stories VHS. Try to picture Grover's voice, it's classic!)
Reminds me of all of those times Grover would affectionately mention his mommy ("I would like to thank my mommy..."). We need a Grover smiley around here!

ISNorden

Reaction score
Hard for me to say, without being a bit more specific.

My top three old-school Muppets:
  • Grover; he speaks so well, tries so hard to do everything, AND he loves to hug (awwww!).
  • Bert; in spite of his "square" attitude and quick temper, Bert is still a loyal friend to Ernie. (I also tolerate silliness badly and have hobbies that some people consider weird; a lot of older Sesame Street fans relate to Bert well, somehow.)
  • Roosevelt Franklin; I too was a gifted kid in school, with a reputation as a show-off.
My top three recent (80s or later) Muppets:
  • Rosita; I know how it feels to miss a culture you've always been close to. Besides, like Grover, she seems to love hugs...
  • Telly; I worry as much as he used to, and I admire the way he tries to get along with everyone--even Oscar the Grouch.
  • Zoe; she may be obsessed with Rocco sometimes, but I love the way she's always wanting to join in when the gang has fun.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My top three recent (80s or later) Muppets:
  • Telly; I worry as much as he used to, and I admire the way he tries to get along with everyone--even Oscar the Grouch.
I thought Telly's been around for longer than that?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Muppet Wiki says Telly's original performer Brian Muehl started playing him in 1979, so '80s is probably accurate.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
To me, every Muppet on Sesame Street is unique. But if made to choose one...

Oscar gets the vote.

NOW SCRAM! Heh heh heh...:grouchy:

Effralyo

Reaction score
Mine are certainly Zeliboba, then Elmo and Zoe, Ernie, Rosita, Grover, the Honkers and a blue AnythingMuppet in a top hat and with a huge brown beard. (He appeared in the background team in "I'm So Proooud!" song.)

SSLFan

Reaction score
My favorite muppet on Sesame St. is...

My favorite muppet on Sesame Street is Big Bird. I llike him well, because he's big of course! I miss the good ol' days when B. Bird still ruled Sesame St. I think Elmo took over after 1996, and we all know what happened that year...