The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That reminds me of Arthur somehow...

"How can you share a sundae WITH Santa, when you don't bring a sundae TO Santa?"
Oh yeah, D.W. saw the commercial for it on TV, and it looked like a real fun place, then they get there in the dead of summer, the guy playing Santa has a tanktop on, his beard isn't on his face, and the person playing one of his reindeer is walking around without the costume's head on.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wellp, apparently, the sequel (or "squeakquel" as it's being refered to) is being bumped up to December 2009, instead of 2010, and it WILL, indeed, feature The Chipettes.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wellp, apparently, the sequel (or "squeakquel" as it's being refered to) is being bumped up to December 2009, instead of 2010, and it WILL, indeed, feature The Chipettes.
...squeakuqel....

okay....

But GREAT idea to make it Holiday 2009. As long as Frog Princess doesn't kill it at the BO... After all, the Christmas film season, and the connection to the old "Me I want a Hula Hoop" stuff that made the munks famous was the biggest reason the film did so well. Anyone will see a Christmas themed movie around that time... even if it's crap. Like Fred Claus was.

Too bad they decided to release that mess "Surviving Christmas" in October to rush it to DVD by December, or one person would have seen it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
But GREAT idea to make it Holiday 2009. As long as Frog Princess doesn't kill it at the BO...
I think that's one of the ideas behind the schedule change, to give The Frog Princess some competition.
Drtooth said:
Anyone will see a Christmas themed movie around that time... even if it's crap. Like Fred Claus was.
Yeah, my mom SO wanted to see Fred Claus, but I knew it was going to be a flop... I mean, Santa having a long-lost brother is one thing, but even in the previews I saw, Paul Giamatti didn't look like a very convincing Santa.[/QUOTE]

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, my mom SO wanted to see Fred Claus, but I knew it was going to be a flop... I mean, Santa having a long-lost brother is one thing, but even in the previews I saw, Paul Giamatti didn't look like a very convincing Santa.
[/QUOTE]

I still can't get over how that film STOLE the secret service Elves from The Tick. Especially since The Tick did it in a more superior way.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Personally, I think them moving it up is a BIG mistake. I think they could've done a lot better with the CGI, and the acting and everything else if they'd just took that extra year and perfected it rather than do what a lot of studios do and rush a sequel out a couple weeks after the original goes out on DVD.

Daniel

Drtooth

Reaction score
another DVD release The Chipmunks Easter Can't say I've ever heard of that one...

Anyway, the movie...

There actually is a piece of Movie merchandise for the rerelease of the Chipmunks Movie (Holiday edition). They repackaged it (at least at Best Buy) With an Alvin beanie Baby (an official Beany Baby at that)... unfortunately, it looks like the movie one.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
^ Heck, I didn't even know they had Thanksgiving or Halloween specials until that Holiday set came out. Now Easter, too?

Forget that, just put the (80s) TV show on DVD (and I don't mean the "extras" on the other DVDs - I want full-on season sets).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Forget that, just put the (80s) TV show on DVD (and I don't mean the "extras" on the other DVDs - I want full-on season sets).
The ALVIIIIIIIIN collection was a start.... but consider how much it cost for as many cartoons that had been on it. They have huge blocks as far as music rights are concerned, and I don't think those will be easy hurdles to overcome. I still don't know why they haven't looked into the Alvin Show (as most, if not all of the songs were originals or public Domain), as that one would be easier to release. I find it funny that they think only the 1980's looking Chipmunks are most marketable, yet I have mainly seen 1950's style chipmunks on every piece of Alvin merchandise since the 90's (with the exception of a couple buttons, one featured the Chipettes, the other featured Simon with the caption "I Love Nerds").

But I did know of the "Thanksgiving" special and the Halloween one due to Buena Vista's releases in the 1990's. Especially when they were cleared out to bargain chains in the late 90's/ early 00's (as were a lot of TV shows that Disney owned like Ducktales or had deals to release like part of DIC's catellogue).

Thanksgiving in quotations, since it technically isn't about Thanksgiving. The relatives are invited to watch a school play. And the Chipmunks had to switch jobs... Simon had to act, Theodore had to do special effects, and Alvin had to do costumes. And before you say, "Sure, Alvin and Theo have valid concerns about their jobs, but Simon's on stage all the time." he's just not used to acting. It's a nice little special. it even opens up with an old song that the real Dave Seville wrote BEFORE Chipmunks... and even before Witch Doctor.

Drtooth

Reaction score
They have a new Album....

UndeniAble was apparently released earlier this month... the 4th of November to be exact, to coincide with the 50th anniversary of "Christmas don't be late."

I CANNOT believe I didn't know about this one... I found it out yesterday from, of all things, a small poster/flyer that was in a store window.

Apparently they sing a lot of 1980's songs (ones you can't believe they didn't cover before, considering). I found out about this TOO late to ask for it as a gift.