"Hey, Cinderella" and "The Frog Prince"

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
A lot of obscure programs are now being released on DVD. That's the only way kids get to see them. Releasing these things often helps them become less obscure. Tales from Muppetland were probably quite obscure when they were released in the '80s after all.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Ummm.... we are talking about three rather obscure Muppet specials from the 1960's; somehow I don't think they would be big sellers. Besides that, Disney may not even own the rights to the specials.
ummmmm I may only be 27 but trust me I know what I'm talkin' about :wink:

David French

Reaction score
I didn't realize that they had to edit Kermit out of Emmet Otter, but that just makes me very sad. :cry:
I think there's a bit of confusion here - as I understand it characters from other companies are able to appear in the specials without any problems. It's the fact that they can't appear on the cover of a commercial release of this special.

David French

Reaction score
ummmmm I may only be 27 but trust me I know what I'm talkin' about :wink:
We are talking about three Muppet specials that are not re-run on a regular basis, and as far as I'm aware have never even been screened overseas. Most of the general public would never have heard or even remember these specials, and as such they would not be big sellers on DVD.

It would be the same with most other Muppet and Sesame Street specials as well.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
We are talking about three Muppet specials that are not re-run on a regular basis, and as far as I'm aware have never even been screened overseas. Most of the general public would never have heard or even remember these specials, and as such they would not be big sellers on DVD.

It would be the same with most other Muppet and Sesame Street specials as well.
Wow then by that stand nothing ever should ever be on dvd and we should all just close up shop now and perish into nothingness.
Such a great outlook.
And I know exactly what the specials are I've seen them millions of times I own them on vhs. Like I said I'm not a moron.:wink:

David French

Reaction score
If you could just point out exactly where I said in my posts that these specials should never be released on DVD, I should be very grateful.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Those three specials were rerun on a regular basis back when Jim Henson Video released two of them in 1994. Of course, if Kermit appears on the cover than people might be more likely to buy them. The chances of someone buying some old programs they hadn't even heard of because Kermit is on the cover is just as likely as somebody buying a new Muppet production on DVD because Kermit is on the cover. And I read that Hey Cinderella was broadcast in canada a year before it was broadcast in the US.

Also, Emmet Otter hadn't been rerun for years when that DVD was released, and John Denver and the Muppets: Rocky Mountain Holiday hadn't been rebroadcast at all, but that eventually got a DVD release.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
If you could just point out exactly where I said in my posts that these specials should never be released on DVD, I should be very grateful.
You like to start arguments dont cha...You said you don't see them selling very well because people wouldn't remember them.
Dude it's the story of the frog prince & Cinderella for cryin out loud!!
It's done in the muppets lovable style even if people wouldnt know it they would say oh hey muppets frog prince ohh cinderella muppets nice!
It's not hard to figure out.
Disney is also doing a new movie called the frog princess they could release the frog prince on dvd to tie in with the release of this new movie.
It would be a more than smart move if you ask me.

anytimepally

Reaction score
I think there's a bit of confusion here - as I understand it characters from other companies are able to appear in the specials without any problems. It's the fact that they can't appear on the cover of a commercial release of this special.
if that were true, HIT! wouldn't have had to edit Kermit the Frog out of their 2005 Emmet Otter release, they could've just left him in and not put him on the cover.. and, as I said above, the best info we've got says Disney owns these specials anyway, so it doesn't even make a difference here