"Hey, Cinderella" and "The Frog Prince"

peyjenk

Reaction score
Am I the only one who finds these two shows absolutely delightful? I just love 'em. I guess it would be too much to hope for DVDs, but I still have the videos, so that's something, I suppose.

So anyway, of the two, which is your favorite? As a kid, mine was "The Frog Prince", but now I think I've flipped to "Hey, Cinderella". I think the humor is a little more adult and little wackier, and I just didn't get a lot of it as a kid.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Am I the only one who finds these two shows absolutely delightful? I just love 'em. I guess it would be too much to hope for DVDs, but I still have the videos, so that's something, I suppose.

So anyway, of the two, which is your favorite? As a kid, mine was "The Frog Prince", but now I think I've flipped to "Hey, Cinderella". I think the humor is a little more adult and little wackier, and I just didn't get a lot of it as a kid.
Yeah, I prefer "Hey, Cinderella," but "The Frog Prince" is close behind. I haven't seen "The Muppet Musicians of Bremen," though.

peyjenk

Reaction score
I saw "The Muppet Musicians of Bremen" once, as a little kid. I liked it, but would have to see it again to really pass judgement.

Does anyone know why the "Musicians of Bremen" wasn't released on video at the same time "Hey, Cinderella" and "Frog Prince" were, back in the mid-90s?

zns

Reaction score
I have all three specials on VHS and let me tell you, they are not worth missing. If you can find them on eBay, I sugest that you buy them. They are so unique and in my opinion, kids today would still enjoy seeing them.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I don't think it's to much to hope for at all!
You would think Disney would be releasing this stuff while they take the time to get everything together for the season box sets.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I used to have all three on video, but somehow that got widdled down to just The Frog Prince. But I've been able to see the other two again recently.

What's funny about Hey Cinderella is the use of adult jokes and anachronisms. As a kid I didn't understand all that, I thought they were being serious. Years later I feel quick silly! Lol

The Frog Prince is sort of the same with the humor, the story's a bit more sentimental and the Muppets get to sing! Kermit was more of a joker back then (notice how he clearly gets drunk on the wine!) And it's nice to know little bits of trivia now, like Taminella was voiced by Jerry Juhl but puppeteered by Richard Hunt in his first major puppeteering role.

I was really surprised when I saw Musicians of Bremen again recently. I didn't remember it seeming so long! But still, I love the story of the abused animals finding each other and finally being happy. :smile: "Don't you wanna love me all to crazy?" Lol

anytimepally

Reaction score
The Muppet Musicians of Bremen is my favorite.. the song "The Cockodoodle Blues" alone makes it my favorite :stick_out_tongue: .. The Frog Prince is probably second, then Hey, Cinderella, which is last mostly because the lack of Muppet singing :sing:

peyjenk

Reaction score
I really like the King in Hey, Cinderella. Especially when he's talking about the four-and-twenty blackbirds baked in his pie:

"All I need's a funny chef."

anytimepally

Reaction score
Yeah, the King was great!

"It's been a lousy year for birthdays."