"Muppet, Music & Magic" Events

MelissaY1

Reaction score
So, the one in Huntington. Three days, tons of special guests, Henson film rarities...sounds a bit like a less life-altering second Muppetfest to me. Yay! :smile:
If it's anything like the BAM event from a couple of years ago, or the event I attended at the Museum of T.V. and Radio in NYC a few years back, it's going to be awesome!

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Updated info!

So according to this link: http://www.cinemaartscentre.org/may07/documents/PuppetsontheSoundFullSchedule.pdf

There is updated information regarding the Henson and puppetry related events around the area during that weekend. Of course though one disadvantage to having info online, is that the rest of the schedule says "turn to page 23" and there is none LOL However I have a friend who goes out to Huntington every Saturday (he keeps a horse out there) so I'll tell him to pick a brochure up for me that they usually have in the train station over there....Unless I get out there myself beforehand which is also possible

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I just emailed the box office through the address on their site to find out (if they can provide it) more info...will keep you all posted!

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Yes, really thank you for keeping us up to date on this! I hope a lot of us will be going to Huntington! I know I will :smile:

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
The is a list of highlights from the event as listed on the cinema arts center site. Muppets™, Music, & Magic:
Jim Henson's Legacy
Friday-Sunday, August 10-12, 2007

Program Highlights

Newly-restored 35mm print of Time Piece (1965), Jim Henson’s Academy Award-nominated short film
Behind-the-scenes footage, experimental puppetry work and
early television commercials from the Henson archives

Archival prints of Jim Henson’s ground-breaking feature films
including Labyrinth, The Dark Crystal and The Muppet Movie

Full episodes of The Muppet Show, Fraggle Rock, Muppet Fairy Tales, and the rarely-seen Dog City and Storyteller, written by Academy Award-winner Anthony Minghella (The English Patient)
Puppet making workshops for children 6-12
This sounds wonderful. Enjoy

MelissaY1

Reaction score
The is a list of highlights from the event as listed on the cinema arts center site. Muppets™, Music, & Magic:
Jim Henson's Legacy
Friday-Sunday, August 10-12, 2007

Program Highlights

Newly-restored 35mm print of Time Piece (1965), Jim Henson’s Academy Award-nominated short film
Behind-the-scenes footage, experimental puppetry work and
early television commercials from the Henson archives

Archival prints of Jim Henson’s ground-breaking feature films
including Labyrinth, The Dark Crystal and The Muppet Movie

Full episodes of The Muppet Show, Fraggle Rock, Muppet Fairy Tales, and the rarely-seen Dog City and Storyteller, written by Academy Award-winner Anthony Minghella (The English Patient)
Puppet making workshops for children 6-12
This sounds wonderful. Enjoy
Did they just post this? I couldn't find anything on there yesterday...thanks for the info though

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Yes, really thank you for keeping us up to date on this! I hope a lot of us will be going to Huntington! I know I will :smile:
You're welcome everybody. I try to earn my keep here :smile: I guess I'm also real excited there's going to be a Muppet event on Long Island for once instead of NYC (either way I gotta take the train somewhere but nice to have things local!)

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
Hey MelissaY1 its new. They recently put this on their site. They have more info in a brochure if you go to huntington and get it.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Hey MelissaY1 its new. They recently put this on their site. They have more info in a brochure if you go to huntington and get it.
Yes, I actually checked it out on their website (it was recently updated). I have a friend going out there this weekend and told him to pick one up for me. If not I should be there in the near future myself as well....thank you though! :smile: