Preorder the Animal Muppet Replica

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I know this has probably been addressed before but my memory isn't great. The Animal poser replica shown in the photos on the MR website, are they of the finished item from China or are they a prototype? The Gonzo listing states clearly that it [Gonzo] is a protoype but the Animal once doesn't state it.
The Animal that was at Comic-Con is the finished product... and I believe that's the same one that's in the pictures on the MR site. Here are a couple of shots I took at Comic-Con:

Comic-Con Story and Pics

:stick_out_tongue:

muppetperson

Reaction score
A new sculpt for the photopuppet or in general? I haven't been pleased with Waldorf's face since the 90s. These days he looks more alien than geezer. :sleep: :boo:

Getting Miss Piggy's head mold from the current puppet building company has reportedly been an issue. Is that what's up? Or is Disney actually gonna give the pig an Extreme Makeover? :eek:
The new sculpts are for the puppets so that would go for photo puppets too, but in general, as it isnt for MR's photo puppets.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I am wondering what sculpt they are going to use for MR. I will have to ask Terry when I email him next time. Right now, he is finding out what the budget will be for her before they make her. I guess latex foam does not come cheap. :mad:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The new sculpts are for the puppets so that would go for photo puppets too, but in general, as it isnt for MR's photo puppets.
Thanks. That's interesting news! It's cool they're getting a bit of a facelift. Hope the new sculpts are a good improvement.

The impression I got from MR is that they are taking some creative license beyond the provided pattern and making what they see as a contemporary iconic view of the characters.

As long as the pig has a classic look and style close to the GMC era I'm happy.

MWoO

Reaction score
Oh no, I hate when they do a mix of various looks. Palsiades did that with some of the figures and it just didn't work for me. But so far MR has done well so who knows.

As for the muppets getting redone, I think the Piggy that has been used lately is rahter good. The one on Craig Furgason was great. Gonzo could use some redoing I think. His nose needs more color and I think they should go back to a more angular nose. It seems rather smooth these days.

Telly

Reaction score
I'm really anxious for those of you that ordered Animal to recieve him! I'm looking forward to the pictures you will hopefully be posting! :halo:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I'm really anxious for those of you that ordered Animal to recieve him! I'm looking forward to the pictures you will hopefully be posting! :halo:

Me too! Amy just announced at MR that the Animal shipment just arrived and that he will be sent out to people early tomorrow. I cannot wait to get mine. I will be posting pictures of him. I really hope that I won't have to do much with his hair problem. I hope it is ah-natural and don't need a lot of work.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm expecting to need to get out some scissors and clip some excess hair, but I hope not. Does anyone know if he's still coming with his collar and chains? The MR site seems to have taken the items off its product description. I don't mind the chains, but he needs that classic-looking spiked collar that's hard to find (as it appears in shows) anywhere else? Or will they consider that an accessory pack? At 400 bucks, I hope so. :halo:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I'm expecting to need to get out some scissors and clip some excess hair, but I hope not. Does anyone know if he's still coming with his collar and chains? The MR site seems to have taken the items off its product description. I don't mind the chains, but he needs that classic-looking spiked collar that's hard to find (as it appears in shows) anywhere else? Or will they consider that an accessory pack? At 400 bucks, I hope so. :halo:

I am not sure until I get him. I have a feeling though that he might not have it and will be added to the accessory pack for next year. Your right though frogboy, I would guess that he would have his collar and chain with him since that is part of him.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oh no, I hate when they do a mix of various looks. Palsiades did that with some of the figures and it just didn't work for me. But so far MR has done well so who knows.

As for the muppets getting redone, I think the Piggy that has been used lately is rahter good. The one on Craig Furgason was great. Gonzo could use some redoing I think. His nose needs more color and I think they should go back to a more angular nose. It seems rather smooth these days.
I agree that Piggy looked beautiful!

I get your point about the replicas looking more accurate than altered, but what Palisades figures are you speaking of? Series 5 Gonzo was a perfect example of a mixture of styles gone right, while First Mate Piggy seemed scattered-looking in the final piece. By the way, some Henson Company representatives made many of the unfortunate changes to the line (they wanted skinny hair-up series one Piggy, removed the platform shoes and bellbottoms from Suggs and kept nixing the idea of Gonzo's beak from being any color but sky blue). However, as the line progressed they understood Palisades wasn't making cartoon representations of the Muppets. :smile: