RELEASE NEW DARK CRYSTAL 2 INFO [unofficial plea to Henson Inc.]

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I heard that there's going to be a new Dark Crystal DVD with audio commentary (FINALLY!). Maybe the progress of this sequel will be mentioned on that DVD.

Of course, I beleive we were jsut as antsy about what was going to be included on Sesame Street: Old School Volume 1. Thatw as announced quite a few months before it was released, and we weren't given any info about what was exactly going to be included (full episodes, segments only, or both)until two months before the release.

rurulesunc

Reaction score
I went to the Dark Crystal screening a couple weeks ago in Santa Monica where David Odell spoke after it. (He is the writer of both movies)

He said that they are still trying to get funding for the movie. They have several investors interested who have pledged but they are still about $2 million short. When they finally get a pledge for the remaining money, other investors have been dropping out. They can't begin production until all of the money is locked in.

Anyway, thats the latest I have heard. Anybody got an extra $2 mill laying around?

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Well, I suppose this means we'll be waiting quite a bit longer, then.

IgorPonweed

Reaction score
(Uncontrollable crying is a occurring at this computer. The person begins to talk while still sobbing.) Get out the lemonade stand, because THEY NEED US!

Beauregard

Reaction score
I went to the Dark Crystal screening a couple weeks ago in Santa Monica where David Odell spoke after it. (He is the writer of both movies)

He said that they are still trying to get funding for the movie. They have several investors interested who have pledged but they are still about $2 million short. When they finally get a pledge for the remaining money, other investors have been dropping out. They can't begin production until all of the money is locked in.

Anyway, thats the latest I have heard. Anybody got an extra $2 mill laying around?
I think we have that lying around from the time we tried to buy the Muppets back from Disney? Does anyone have the bus keys?

But seriously...at least they are still going forward, and it's only funding, not inspiration, that they are lacking.

JMPrater

Reaction score
it does strike me as odd that they're only waiting for 2 million. 2 million isn't much, and usually, in these cases, they can go through a lender that deals with film companies. I would like some official word on this, as this is all speculation at the moment.

J.M. Prater

Beauregard

Reaction score
Well, you know what they say...if life hands you lemons, make a sequel to Dark Crystal.