When Kermit Met Piggy...

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
That new Muppet series they are doing is supposed to be based on what the Muppets get up to back stage. Maybe we will find out more about the frog and the pig's real relationship from that! Is it really all just for the cameras? :concern:

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Yeah its sort of ironic about how all three of the first films are about the characters meeting each other or becoming stars. The Muppet Movie, I believe is an elaborate fabrication of how they might have meet, like MisterSuperStar said. Then GMC, is basically just them playing rolls, they are themselves but they are other people as well. Then in MTM, is basically just them wanting to become famous, which is basically just TMM with the muppets allready meeting and they just want to go to New York City to become Broadway stars.

Also, I love how a lot of fans believe that Kermit and Miss Piggy are married. They aren't, it was a musical, even though Rowlf was supposed to be the "Singing Preacher." I still dont believe they are married, just because Piggy hired a reall preacher. Remember, she also did this in the Marrisa Berenson episode of TMS[Season 3.]

I dont believe Kermit and Piggy are a couple, I think Miss Piggy believes and says they are a couple, but Kermit is just skeptical about the whole situation and just thinks that they are friends, Miss Piggy wants their friendship to be with well, benefits. Also, in MCC, they are 'married' with figs, or progs. BUT, that was just an adaption, not in the whole Muppet Universe, so yeah, I dont believe they are in a relationship what so ever. I think Miss Piggy believes they are, Kermit is just playing hard to get. He also may just be interested in Miss Mousey though, [ahem.]

Oh, and there might be skeptics that the relationship is just an act in front of cameras, I highly doubt it, because Kermit insults Piggy wayyyy to much more, he should give the Pig respect if they are having a secret behind the scenes relationship. But I do think the Frog needs a girl/pig/frog/whatever.

[geez that was way to intellectual for my muppety geekiness] :sympathy:

Beauregard

Reaction score
You think the Frog needs a girl other than Piggy? I can see Kermit playing hard to get with Piggy, but maybe because he is insecure about his feelings for her and doesn't want to commit, while Piggy is a pig and needs commitment.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
We never actually find out whether the musical "marriage" in The Muppets Take Manhattan turns out to be real or not. Kermit whispers quite concerned to Piggy at the alter "I thought Gonzo was gonna play the Minister" and Piggy giggles nervously and turns her head away from him.
Hey Beau, do pigs usually need commitment then? :stick_out_tongue:

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Mhhmm, woops I forgot about Gonzo being the preacher not Rowlf... :embarrassed: Its early for me sorry. Oh, and I also do think Rowlf needs a lady, especially sinces he's pretty cranky about how he isn't the star of the show, ever since he got off of the Jimmy Dean Show. But then again you know how those female dogs are...

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I'm thrilled with this thread. We should all write a book.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Yess....

"The Kermit & Miss Piggy Chronicles."

or

"How Frog Meet Swine"

or

"One Swine Flew Over the Lilypad"

or

"To Love a Singing Frog."

or

"Pigs are from the Barn and Frogs are from the Swamp"

or just

"The Kermit & Miss Piggy Story"

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ha! I like "One Pig Flew Over the Lillypad." Second only to, "Pigs are from Venus, Frogs are from Mars," which is a book I can totally see being sold by The Muppets, a book on romance written by Piggy and Kermit, and addressing questions such as:

"How do you win the heart of a God?"
Piggy: "The kissy-kissies, the huggy-huggies."
Kermit: "Er...engage him or her in a high-stakes game of connect four?"