Show That Have Overstayed Their Welcome

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Um... no, I was just scrolling through my TV guide, and I saw that there was a new HOUR-LONG episode of The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy and I thought to myself "dang Billy and Mandy have REALLY overstayed their welcome", then I got to thinking there's a lot of other shows I feel the same way about, so hence the thread.
I never did like that show:smirk: Come to think of it, I dont like any shows on cartoon network. If you ask me, they all have overstayed their welcome :boo:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I never did like that show:smirk: Come to think of it, I dont like any shows on cartoon network. If you ask me, they all have overstayed their welcome :boo:
Cartoon Network USED to be my favorite channel (as a kid, naturally), but then when they changed everything in 2004, they went on a spree of cranking out new crap shows right and left, and making bigger deals than necessary about them with sudden over-excessive merchandising and crap like that.

Whatever happened to those good old days when the nightly schedule consisted of shows like Dexter's Laboratory, Cow and Chicken, Johnny Bravo, Courage the Cowardly Dog, and even back in the days when Billy and Mandy WERE tolerable... but that was when they and Evil Con Carne were two shows in one and called Grim and Evil.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
courage is still on late at night. I like courage. they need to put it on dvd or somethinb

D'Snowth

Reaction score
courage is still on late at night. I like courage. they need to put it on dvd or somethinb
Courage is TOP! It's the best cartoon series of all time! I used to be so obsessed with that show, some DVD sets would be awesome!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
all reality shows that have been on for more than one episode
I'll second that. All reality shows need to just leave.

Now it seems like all those game shows are on prime time now, with flashy sets and all.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I like than when there done right, but I think that "trend" is coming to pass now. But it was just one over load of so many bad ones. It the domino effect, where One's a success, so they some up with a bunch of not so good ones.:stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Definitely not Spongebob! Hehe

But let's see...for me it would be:

Arthur
Teletubbies
Wife Swap
Most of the new programs on VH1
7th Heaven
Desperate Housewives
Heh heh heh! 7th Heaven was finally cancelled for the second (and for real) time.

I disagree about Billy and Mandy... I think the show got better when they dropped the Evil Con Carne segments... I felt they were very weak, and that dude looked TOOO much like Fearless Leader from Bullwinkle...

That said:

Barney- dude's been past his prime 10 years ago....

Teletubbies-the only reason this crap was popular in the first place was because of that idiot saying one of them was gay...

Pokemon- listen.. I know a lot of Japanese shows go on for years, like Dragon Ball... but they at LEAST were drawn to have long serilaized storylines... but all they do in this show is fight with their monsters and let the bad guys screw up and NOT kidnap Pikachu a million times...

The New Adventures of Old Christine- of all the seinfeld star comeback shows, THIS is the good one? Even the abysmal Listen Up was funnier.

America's Funniest Home Videos... when is Youtube gonna put these guys out of business

Judge Anything- I've been ranting about these so long, I don't even want to go into it.

Maury povich- Jerry Springer at least has an interresting Sleazy angle... this guy is beating a dead horse... or more likely a Dead 400 pound 3 year old who they don't know who the father is.

American Idol and Survivor... the novelty ran off... seriously... it's not fun anymore... I'm not kidding... make it stop... DEAR GOD, MAKE IT STOP! AAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGGGHHHH!