What do you think the 40 anniversary will be about....

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I don't think they wouldn't allow them to use Kermit... I just think SW can't AFFORD to get Kermit. Disney must be charging them an arm and a leg. I really really wish Disney only owned Kermit in terms of the Muppet show, and SW had the rights to Kermit in all older skits.
Well, they do have a right to play the old skits. Remember that they had some older clips with Kermit in "The Street we Live On?" I think they'd be able to work out a deal with Disney and use :smile: in newer material for a big event like the 40th Anniversary Special. Maybe they could have both Kermit and Bill Cosby host. After all, a few times in the 20th Anniversary special, :smile: was too busy to talk to Bill. This way he could make up for lost time. Lol.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm liking some of these ideas. I like the idea of The Count counting each year, and the idea of the Muppets celebrating Sesame Street.

One great idea might be to highlight the shows top 40 moments. Maybe Sesame Workshop can have fans vote for their favorite moments online, and then they can be represented.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I don't think they should do what they did in the past, I want to see somthing new. Surprise me, LOL!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I thought of something.They should air one of the older "Spaceship Surpise!" clips for the 40th anniversary.

JEANYLASER

Reaction score
Maybe Regis can be the host for the Sesame Street 40th Anniversary. Maybe some Bloopers of Sesame Street.

travellingpat

Reaction score
Do you guys think there will be a lot of hooplah for the 40th? They kinda went all out for the 35th...lets hope they do a lot though

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder if there will be both a television special and a direct-to-DVD special (or are the direct-to-video specials reserved for anniversaries that multiply to five?).

Some people here have expressed a desire for a special that's all-new. Well, Elmopalooza was all-new footage. That anniversary special didn't have any old clips at all. :cry:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I hadn't thought of that, but you're right. They did reuse old songs, but they were all redone. That is one way "The Street We Live On" was an improvement there. They showed a lot of old clips. I liked how at the end, they had a clip for each year. I think for the 40th Anniversary, they could do something like that, but expand on it, rather than mushing it all together at the end, they could base the whole show on that and show a few minutes worth of clips for each year.

In fact I have a Peanuts book where they have quite a few pages worth of strips for each decade. I could see "Sesame Street" doing something like that in form of a TV special.

Another thought, even though I feel that Abby has been overused, I'm thinking maybe focusing on her for the 40th Anniversary would work. She wouldn't know about "Sesame Street's" history, so maybe somehow she could learn about Mr. Hooper and the revealing of Snuffy to the adults, etc. I mean, I wouldn't want it to be "The Street We Live On" all over again, but maybe they could add more. Like that fan fiction somebody wrote about Grover taking Elmo through history with his time machine, starting with them meeting the original orange Oscar. Grover, Elmo and Abby could all go on the ride there. Just a few thoughts I had. I might write more as I think of more ideas.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Another thought, even though I feel that Abby has been overused, I'm thinking maybe focusing on her for the 40th Anniversary would work. She wouldn't know about "Sesame Street's" history, so maybe somehow she could learn about Mr. Hooper and the revealing of Snuffy to the adults, etc. I mean, I wouldn't want it to be "The Street We Live On" all over again, but maybe they could add more. Like that fan fiction somebody wrote about Grover taking Elmo through history with his time machine, starting with them meeting the original orange Oscar. Grover, Elmo and Abby could all go on the ride there. Just a few thoughts I had. I might write more as I think of more ideas.
I thought about that idea, too. And with Abby, there wouldn't be any continuity problems.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
That's true. She wouldn't see herself at Maria and Luis's wedding and completely ignore that. Lol.