Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 2

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Yeah, but Steve doesn't perform Floyd. Perhaps Sam and Rizzo. Now that's a team up that could be funny.
Yeah he doesn't perform Kermit either but hey no ones perfect :stick_out_tongue:
And yeah I know this it's not hard to get Jerry Nelson to come in and do Floyd with Animal.
Or Gonzo & Rizzo. :concern:
Yeah but didn't Animal hang around the rats before gonzo did?
The whole Gonzo Rizo thing really didn't happen untill muppets tonight.

ploobis

Reaction score
Yeah he doesn't perform Kermit either but hey no ones perfect :stick_out_tongue:
And yeah I know this it's not hard to get Jerry Nelson to come in and do Floyd with Animal.

Yeah but didn't Animal hang around the rats before gonzo did?
The whole Gonzo Rizo thing really didn't happen untill muppets tonight.
Gonzo & Rizzo's friendship began in The Muppet Christmas Carol. :concern:

MWoO

Reaction score
I'm sure Jerry would have done it if asked, but it seems they only wanted to pay two performers. I dunno. I still like them. I hope we see Gonzo and Rizzo and bunsen and Beaker on the next one. In fact, that would have been a great pair up for this one. I do love seeing Eric's Fozzie perform though. Best replacement ever!

Oh, and not to turn this into a Steve's Kermit bashing thread, but I think he's not too bad. Though after seeing some of Jim Henson's stuff I wish Steve would try to not make Kermit so goofey and be more a dry wit character like he should be. Kermit was great because he wasn't all goofey and nuts. He delivered lines with great dry wit, almost as if he hadn't made a joke.

SgtGonzoPepper

Reaction score
If they were gonna use Floyd (which wouldve been awesome) they would probably use John Kennedy because hes been playing Floyd lately.Still it wouldve been awesome to hear Jerry Nelson again! hes my favorite performer!

Telly

Reaction score
I like Steve's Kermit. The voice has grown on me. It's calming to me.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Oh yeah I didn't even think of Lips. And I love your idea of Piggy and Link. That would have been great, especially since season 2 started Pigs in Space. Good idea! Too bad they didn't think of that. Of course, it would have meant rebuilding Link probably.
Wait... Do you know for sure that Link would have needed to be rebuilt? I know that he hasn't appeared in puppet form in anything new since Muppets From Space (though I haven't paid much attention to info on Muppet TV). I wouldn't be surprised if Lips needs to be rebuilt as well.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If The Muppets on Muppets featured any of Jerry Nelson's characters, then I think we would have known for sure sooner whether it was made for the DVD or not, as Jerry Nelson has retired from performing his Muppet Show characters. I guess Nelson wasn't available for those interviews back when they were produced. It would have been great if Floyd, Robin, and Statler (with Waldorf, of course) were interviewed. I don't know if there were any concerns over character popularity, but those characters would have probably been just as familiar with casual fans as Johnny Fiama, Sal, and Bobo are.

And I guess it makes sense that this was made earlier because of Brian henson performing Sal. Brian Henson hasn't performed for the Muppets much since Disney bought the Muppets (though it seems like he was performing Muppets less in the last few years before the sale). He's been running The Jim Henson Company, and I guess focusing on Puppet Up! and the possible upcomming Tinseltown and Late Night Buffet shows (though Bill Baretta's also been involved with some of those productions). I don't know if Brian Henson has performed Sal since The Muppets Wizar dof Oz (where he only performed the voice). I hope that Brian Henson does perform his characters again soon (and not just Sal, but also Dr. Phil van Neuter and especially Nigel, Seymour, and The Newsman).

MWoO

Reaction score
Well, if the interviews weren't made for the DVD, what would they have been made for? Has anyone seen them before?

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Supposedly they were made as intersitials for the Odyssey Channel, similar to the Muppetisms, but they were never used, hence, thats why we have them on this set.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
1) The packaging itself is cut back from season one, with no additional flap/pocket for booklet. In fact there was no booklet.
I wonder if this is a cost-cutting move. Both of the Dinosaurs sets are like this as well (and the first onew as released almost a year after The Muppet Show: Season One). I haven't seen any other season sets released by Disney, but could Disney have made this kind of change for all of it's season sets?