Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 2

Beauregard

Reaction score
You mean Kermit is jealous of Mickey Mouse? I hadn't thought of that before, but you may be right. Though they did get along well in the "Muppets at Walt Disney World" special. Just something to think about.
They even snuggled...something else to think about.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah, it seems like Kermit and Mickey are good friends. After all, he seemed to enjoy doing the 'Mickey Mouse Club' thing on that episode of 'Muppets Tonight!" So that's sort of why it's beyond my realm of understanding why :smile: wouldn't like Mickey Moose.

SgtGonzoPepper

Reaction score
Kermit was probably just sorta still manic after the peter sellers episode

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Yeah, it seems like Kermit and Mickey are good friends. After all, he seemed to enjoy doing the 'Mickey Mouse Club' thing on that episode of 'Muppets Tonight!" So that's sort of why it's beyond my realm of understanding why :smile: wouldn't like Mickey Moose.
I'm sure that he liked Mickey Mouse, but not Mickey Moose. Though the names are simialr, the characters are quite different. Mickey Moose's voice wasn't even a Mickey Mouse impersonation (though if it was, then his name would have probably been more expected before he mentioned it).

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Oh, I get it. Kermit didn't want to accept any imitations. He'd rather see the real thing. I kind of agree with what SgtGonzo said though, after all Kermit's nervous breakdown after the Peter Sellers ep was mentioned at the episode guides as well.

Okay, here's a new one. Did Fozzie's 'Wocka wocka' originate in season 2? I haven't caught any episodes where he said that. Though in the Chloris Leechman episode, Fozzie Pig said 'Hoga hoga.' Was that supposed to be a parody of 'Wocka, wocka?' If it was, he's had to have said it at some point before that. Maybe I missed something.

It's sort of the same deal with Beaker's 'meeps.' In season 2 I've heard him make some faint sounds, but it doesn't seem like it was 'Meep meep meep,' until season 3. Does anyone have more information on this?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's sort of the same deal with Beaker's 'meeps.' In season 2 I've heard him make some faint sounds, but it doesn't seem like it was 'Meep meep meep,' until season 3. Does anyone have more information on this?
The Peter Sellers episode is the only season two episode where Beaker speaks with his "meeping" language. Otherwise, he doesn't talk, or makes screams, sighs, gasps, or stutters too much to get a complete word out of his mouth.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I see. Thanks for that info.

I'd still like to know about when 'wocka wocka' originated. I haven't really heard it outside of the movies and on 'Muppet Babies.'

Cecilia5

Reaction score
I finished watching Season 2 the other day, and I loved every episode of it.
The thing that stands out the most was the episode where Fozzie's mom visits, and Fozzie does Pigs in Space. :embarrassed:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Rats

I guess I'll research Muppet Wiki and see what they say on that.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
"The Muppet Show Season 2" was nominated in the "Best 1970s Series" category and "Best Children's Series" in the fourth annual TV DVD Awards - but it'll need our votes to win.

The TV DVD Awards are a prestigious industry award honoring the best in television shows on DVD. A blue ribbon panel of judges rated each release of the past year; and has selected the slate of nominees based on their overall DVD treatment, including program content, bonus materials and packaging. More than 160 submissions were considered – with only the top four titles in each of 17 categories gaining nominations. The ultimate winners of the award, however, are based on an online consumer vote. The polls opened yesterday and will close on October 26th; the winners will be announced on November 12 during a big gala dinner and reception. So please, support the Muppets and take a few minutes to surf over to the voting site and rock vote!

"Fraggle Rock: Complete Third Season", "Dinosaurs: The Complete Third and Fourth Seasons" and the Muppet-filled "Saturday Night Live - The Complete First Season" also gained nominations.

More information on the Muppet nominations: http://muppetnewsflash.blogspot.com/2007/10/muppet-dvds-sweep-tv-dvd-nominations.html