Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 2

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I voted thanks for the heads up gelf! One thing though I refuse to vote for The Muppet show in the Childrens spot because it's not a kids show at all.
Disnosaurs isn't either but I voted for that.
Muppet Show of course got the best 1970's dvd release vote from me. :wink:
Disney needs to know this is a great classic family propperty and not a kids show.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Oh and for those who may not remember -- "The Muppet Show: Season 1" won "Best Children's Series" at the TV DVD awards back in '05.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Muppet Show vs Welcome Back Kotter? How will I choose? That's not sarcasm, I actually love Kotter. But I think you know who I voted for. :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Muppet Show vs Welcome Back Kotter? How will I choose? That's not sarcasm, I actually love Kotter. But I think you know who I voted for. :smile:
I know! That was so upsetting having to choose! And I didn't even realize Kotter was on DVD now. Don't get mad, but I voted for Kotter in that case, since I am a fan of that too. I voted for Muppet Show in the other category. :smile:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I know! That was so upsetting having to choose! And I didn't even realize Kotter was on DVD now. Don't get mad, but I voted for Kotter in that case, since I am a fan of that too. I voted for Muppet Show in the other category. :smile:
thanks for showin em' wha a great kids show it is.:rolleyes:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Haha, well I personally don't look down on the label of children's entertainment. If new generations aren't introduced to these shows, they were very quickly disapear. Many people tend to remember the shows of their childhood most fondly. But you are free to have your opinion. :smile:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Haha, well I personally don't look down on the label of children's entertainment. If new generations aren't introduced to these shows, they were very quickly disapear. Many people tend to remember the shows of their childhood most fondly. But you are free to have your opinion. :smile:
Indeed and I know that allot of kids cant get into the muppets.
I came across a woman at a used cd store about a week ago and we started talking about tv shows on dvd and i told her about how much i love the muppets and she agreed that she does as well but her children just cant get into the show.
Times are differnt and unless kids are raised on these things like we where they're not going to just jump into these shows.
That's why I cant blame them for having modern day muppets like pepe.
The Muppets have always been a family property and I'm happy that Disney knows this it's about the only thing they've got right.
And I'd really hate to lose that again to the people who think the muppet show is the same thing as sesame street.
Jim was very strict about not having the two be the same or looked as the same.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that it says, "Brought to you buy" instead of "By?" On the voteing site?

Bea:zany:{No...I'm not picky...}regard

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I agree, you have to start young to get kids to like something. But it's just not true that no kids today enjoy the Muppets. It's that they're not even being given the opportunity to judge for themselves. At the TV Museum, a little girl was genuniely enjoying Muppets Go the Movies. But when will she get another opportunity to watch it in regular life? The answer is not to simply bring in new characters (no offence Pepe hehe), but to make the original material more available in the first place.

As I just said in another thread, there is this movement to repress any of the old material and claim it's just not useful anymore, despite evidence to the contrary. It's been an entire decade and the new material (while it has some good points) did not keep the franchise alive (and that was before Disney). Sometimes when times change, the answer is not to roll with them.

I speculate that if more attention had been paid the original projects, maybe the Muppets would not be a power house today , but they would be familiar to children and fondly remembered. As it is now, the new projects have not gained huge acceptance and the audience isn't able to view the old shows. Thus, the Muppets are practically out of the picture.

I don't think the Muppets will never be appreciated again. Disney was finished for two decades, but then got a huge resurgence in the early '90s. These things go in cycles. But Disney didn't try to completely change what made them popular in the first place.

Everytime Kermit tried remaking himself in MTM, he failed miserably. I can't imagine Kermit the character saying "Sometimes you just have to give up the things you love in order to change with the times." You know I mean, the world is tough sometimes, but you can't give up and give in.

Jon

Reaction score
what do people think of the picture quality? I think it's hugely inferior to the first set. Over saturated colours, lots of ghosting and a genrally inferior resolution a lot of it's almost blurred!