Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 2

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I haven't got my set yet but that sounds very disappointing. Maybe you were just misfortunate enough to pick up a dud copy?

Jon

Reaction score
I am starting to think so! I'd be interested in the views of uk residents who have bought this ... wonder if it might be a bad batch?

EDIT- Even the Menus`look colour saturated and far from well defined, not at all crisp. Can't be right can it?

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
It certainly doesn't sound right. Not what you generally expect for DVD quality.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm not from the UK, but I agree the picture quality doesn't seem quite as sharp. I don't see anything blurred, but yeah perhaps over saturation of color etc.

Jon

Reaction score
On further examination apart from the hugely blurred opening section with the curtain rising before the special produced menus, i wil take back what i said about the blurring. However the picture aint as sharp and is much softer.

I wonder if Jim asked for softer lenses to distract from the fleece and foam nature of the cast?

EDIT- Or perhaps disney had a smaller budget for mastering after securing all the music rights?

ploobis

Reaction score

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The Muppet Show Season 2 has won in TWO categories of the TV DVD Awards: "Best 1970s Series" and "Best Children's Series."

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Site-News-4th-Annual-TV-DVD-Awards/8432

I guess this doesn't help deter people from thinking TMS is a "kid's" show, does it?
Yay! Well I do hope Disney happens to notice that. :wink:

This is just me, but I don't care if people think TMS is "kids" entertainment. I don't look down on that label. As long as someone is watching and enjoying it. And as long as the Muppets are really acting like the Muppets. :smile:

Now I know some people might be turned off because of the "kid" label. But they are wrong. And I wouldn't bend over backwards to make the Muppets appear more "cool" just to please them. It would be counter productive; I wouldn't really be introducing them to the Muppets. :wink:

Jon

Reaction score
Absolutely, it appeals to our inner child and that is something worthy of celebration.

It's a wondrfully crafted kids show with sizable cross generation appeal.

piggywiggins

Reaction score
muppets 2

i am getting muppet show sesaen 2 2morrow wooohooo can somebody reply on how good it is?:halo: tnxs