Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 2

Bigmouth

Reaction score
Hope you can stand a newbie (or whatever you call it...) question.
Season 2 was finally released on region 2 last week and I've just finished watching it.
There were no subtitles on the songs!:boo: I didn't like that. During some moments the crowd is making it hard for me to hear the lyrics.
Does anybody know the reason for not subtitling the songs?:confused: On season 1 everything had subtitles.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
There were no subtitles on the songs!:boo: I didn't like that. During some moments the crowd is making it hard for me to hear the lyrics.
Does anybody know the reason for not subtitling the songs?:confused: On season 1 everything had subtitles.
Yeah that annoyed me too. Is it possible there are different copyright rules for actually printing the lyrics of songs?

chequepoint

Reaction score
The laws are different, BUT having been on both sides of a licensing deal, its usually not hard to work in the rights to something like subtitles gratis.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! It would be interesting to know why it was seemingly difficult to obtain those rights.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I'm afraid like the Morsels it was probably done just because there was a different DVD producer for the second season :frown:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm afraid like the Morsels it was probably done just because there was a different DVD producer for the second season :frown:
I was thinking the same thing, for some reason they didn't put the effort into that this time. It makes me nervous about Season 3, but I won't assume yet. :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It's like Muppet productions, there always seems to be somebody missing. I'm glad it was merely the morsels and song captions this time out. I'm wondering what it would take to have it all? Honestly, they could put the episodes in brown wrapping as long as they are complete. But I do so love the menus and packaging. :flirt:

Wouldn't it be funny if they did a mohair fuzzy Animal packaging next time? Not that it's likely or would be easy to shelve. :halo:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't know, the lack of morsels thing just hit me really hard. Not that the episodes aren't great, but it was nice to get extra info and quotes I'd never heard before. And the way they flashed on the screen honestly didn't bother me.

MWoO

Reaction score
I think the time and effort went into making the episodes whole thins time around. I mean, think about how much time andm oney itm ust take to do an extra like muppet morsels. Maybe the money spent on song rights and stuff took up too much of the budget.

I've yet to axctually look at the muppet morsels part of season 1. I preffer the extras like the menus and the interviews they put on here.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I agree with heralde. I thought they had started something to really make the TMS season sets spectacularly special. They made the first set something great then made the second set so plain and ordinary. :frown:
I honestly can't understand why they would establish something within a collectable series if they were not all in agreement that it was to be part of each and every installment :confused:

And I've no judgement on the cost factor but I wouldn't think it would be that much pricey for Disney. Besides the way I understand the songs cut on season 1 were unable to be cleared. In other words they were un-negotiable at any price.
I don't know what sort of dealings went on with Disney this time, but just because they were lucky enough to be permitted to clear all the related rights for season 2 I'm not going to assume automatically this means that there won't be any songs on the three remaining seasons that Disney will be forbidden completely from clearing for release.