Elmo's Christmas Countdown

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well at least the count will be in it, and thats always good. I really want to see somthing good come from Big Bird he is such a great muppet and has kind of went away from the spot light.

SSLFan

Reaction score
So Kevin won't perform Elmo? He's just gonna provide the voice?:confused:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
The argument that "Well it's for a younger audience" is kinda strange. I watched classic Sesame Street when I was 1 and 2 (at least I'm told I did heh) and it didn't turn me off. I didn't have to wait until I was 4 or 5 to enjoy it. I wasn't desperate for an Elmo's World type segment. I really don't think kids change that much just because an expert says it's true.
Well it's not so much that it's for a younger audience. It's just that Kids started watching at a younger age and less older kids we're staring to watching it them used to because it started to be viewed as for younger children by older children then it use to be. So sense more younger children we're tuning in, they geared it more towards them because they we're starting to become it's target audience. But the argument is they "Dumbed Down" And simplified the show because it was to complicated for them and to much to keep up with. So they lose Around the corner, Focus on core characters and create Elmo's world because that say that there younger audience was truing to other thing that were easier for them to understand or just losing interest in the show and ever truing the TV off. During this period, the rating took a huge nose dive...season 29-32, So in 33 they completely over haled the show to meet the needs of it's audience, and the ratings were bigger then that had been in years. There ratings we're actually at a peak in the 90s'. But I personally like how they always go in a different directing and change things up ever certain amount of years. You just don't want to keep things stale. I think we're heading in another directions very slowly right now.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
It seems strange that they only have Eric listed as doing Grover, but Steve's there as Ernie... I hope Bert shows up. :smirk:

mbmfrog

Reaction score
This actually seems good, and personally, I mean it also has Oscar in it as well, and they have little vignettes supposedly, so I dont think it will revolve around Elmo & Abby. This seems like a campy 70's special though, hah.​
I have to admit with this type of wackyness is somthing that I would expect SS to produce within the funky 70 or at least within the 90s when it was at it high of power. :sympathy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
So Kevin won't perform Elmo? He's just gonna provide the voice?:confused:
He probably will perform him. This is imdb remember? The one that said Capt. Smollet was going to be in VMX.

AS for it being an Elmo special... what were you expecting at this point in the game? Herry's Christmas count down?

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Darn it I thought it was Proffesor Hasting's Christmas Countdown!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
AS for it being an Elmo special... what were you expecting at this point in the game? Herry's Christmas count down?
Well once Sherry Netherland dropped out of being the title character for "personal reasons", and then Herry had a nose surgery at the last minute, Elmo seemed like the only logical choice. :stick_out_tongue: