1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Elmo's Christmas Countdown

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Barry Lee, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

2. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Well I probably won't watch since the modern show and I haven't really jelled. Maybe if it had been called Sesame Street's Christmas Countdown, lol. Though, it is nice to know Grover will be there, he's always been one of my favorite SS Muppets. :)

And I am NOT a fan of the Sopranos and I never want to see them again, heh.
  3. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

Hah, I think since its going to air Primetime it might be a tad bit different.
  4. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

It's been a long time since there was a Sesame Street special that didn't initially air on PBS.
  5. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

6. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Really! it's going to star Oscar, Bid Bird, Snuffy and Grover!;) Sounds great!:excited:
  7. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

WOOOOOOOOOW! OH YES! This is GREAT! Sesame Street back on primetime! How awesome! And Oscar, Big Bird, Snuffy, Count, and GROVER! YES! Go Sesame Workshop!
  8. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

I can imagine Jamie Foxx singing "True Blue Miracle" right now.lol!
  9. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Gotta love the classics, but maybe they'll have a new composition!:)
  10. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Okay, let me think...

1. "Elmo's Christmas Countdown". Mm-hmm. I should've figured that.
    2. Tony Sirico and Steve Schirripa are "playing Bert and Ernie"? I'm confused... are they like going to dress up as Bert and Ernie for fun, or are they going to dub the voices, or what?
    3. Does Ty Pennington's appear confirm they're doing away with the old set and getting a new one?
    4. Big Bird, Oscar, Snuffy, Grover, and Count as the co-stars? I hope that's true, and doesn't turn out to be like what they did with Trapper on M*A*S*H.
    5. This will certainly be... interesting to say the least, hopefully it will turn out better than I anticipate.
  11. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

For some reason the link isn't working for me. What is it going to be about? Oh, this is sooo exciting! I've been wanting something like this!:) :p
  12. abiraniriba

abiraniriba New Member

probably a sketch

I could be wrong but they're probably going to do a Bert & Ernie type sketch. I don't think they would do well as new voices for the muppets.

Last primetime special was on NBC SS 20th ann'y The Count counted the commercial breaks most of which started with a promotion for the Jim Henson Hour coincidence? Yeah, right.
  13. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

Actually the last Primetime special was "Stars & Street Forever" which also aired on ABC. Oh, and I allready posted about this before this thread happened, but whatever.
  14. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

No, the last non-PBS prime-time special was CinderElmo, which aired on Fox in 1999. I don't know if Sesame Street Unpaved, The Greatest TV Moments: Sesame Street Music A-Z, or the A&E Biography special should count as specials or not, but they were broadcast after CinderElmo.
  15. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Was the new years eve one before the Stars & Street Forever one? Because both of those we're from 94 right?
  16. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I'd really only be interested if all the characters got equal time. I'll probably check it out, but we'll see how it goes. :)

And I won't watch anything to do with The Sopranos, heh.
  17. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

New's Years Eve was from 93'.

18. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Actually, the last prime time special was The Street We Live On, remember?
  19. abiraniriba

abiraniriba New Member

Goof sorry

Sorry meant to type in first Primetime special on a commercial channel sorry guys I was aware of the other specials in addition to the numerous appearances of individual characters in other shows.:o
  20. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

So the special called our first special was on PBS?

Or what about the prime time Christmas special in 1978.