Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 38

wiley207

Reaction score
I did see part of the Herry and Zoe scene. Good to see Jerry's still performing him every once in a while.
Um, that was a rerun of a late-1990s/early-2000s skit. But it could lead to a future appearance of our favorite strong unibrowed monster!

somethingofafan

Reaction score
What do you guys think of the new music used for the theme song? I was amazed to hear it sound so differently today --- wow! :eek:
At first I didn't like it that much, but now it's okay. It's just different is all (not so different that you can't recognize it, for those who for whatever reason may not have heard it yet, but in a different style).

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Um, that was a rerun of a late-1990s/early-2000s skit. But it could lead to a future appearance of our favorite strong unibrowed monster!
Okay. I guess I didn't see it when it first aired, but I agree with you. Even seeing Herry in earlier material is better than nothing.

BEAR

Reaction score
I'm sooooo bummed! I have not gotten to see ANY of the new season yet. I've not had time! I've had to go to work when it comes on and even when I had Monday off, it was too late. So I'm rather disappointed. Hopefully I'll get to catch these episodes again in reruns sometime. I've enjoyed reading all your reviews so far though. It sounds like it's been an interesting season so far. I'm sad that Big Bird hasn't shown up much yet, but there's still time. I'm also happy to know that there's some great new songs. If anyone has any MP3 recordings of these, I would be more than greatful if I could get copies. Just PM me and I'll give my email address. Keep posting these great reviews because as of now, it's the best I got.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Most of you have already spoken up about the high and low points of today's episode; but this is the closest that a new one has ever come to the old-school style. Long street stories with other lessons in the middle...more classic characters (thank heaven for that Herry cameo!)...and Elmo acting as "just one of the gang", not the star of the show. That's more like the Sesame Street I remember; here's hoping that the Workshop writers keep it up!

Rubber Duckie

Reaction score
I didn't see today's episode, but I understand from reviews posted by other people that there was no Elmo's World today. Let's see, Elmo's World debuted in episode 3786 and today was episode 4137. So that means that with Elmo's World not appearing today, the run of 351 consecutive episodes where it had appeared comes to an end. I also understand that the street story was broken up into multiple parts, with the inserts inbetween street scenes. That is most certainly the Sesame Street that I remember, minus Oscar's bedtime story to Slimey at the end. I didn't see Monday's episode either, but from what I've read here, it looked like a good one. I did see yesterday's episode with the introduction of Chris. I like the guy, and I think he will be a great addition to this year's cast. I also saw the new opening and closing sequences yesterday, and they're not bad. It'll take some time for me to get used to the new opening and closing, but they're okay so far. I will certainly try to catch the new episodes tomorrow and Friday, but if I can't, I will try and catch them in the reruns, along with 4135 and 4137.

ISNorden

Reaction score
What happend to Miles and Gaby! Who is Chris?

Chris is Gordon's nephew, according to the press-release material I've read. As for Miles and Gabi, I seriously doubt that they're being retired: just because a long-running character hasn't turned up lately, that doesn't necessarily mean we'll never see them again.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Come to think of it, since the theme of the show was 'dogs,' they could have included Barkley somewhere.

I realize that's a few years old, but the captioning spelled ay-pricot and ah-pricot the same way.
Barkley was in the Wanda The word Fairy Skit.:smile: Wall, Prairie was just pointing out that some people say it differently, and maybe Somebody who is death can pick that fact up.

Today's episode was quite enjoyable especially since there was no Elmo's World!
You know everybody, believe it or not, thins is actually the second time that there was no Elmo's World. I remember the first time for the same reason we're all taking note it now..because it's just to freakin' amazing to believe!

Can somebody explain something to me, please? Okay, what just happened? I mean, the other day, the Fix It Shop was repainted orange to match Hooper's Store, and now all of the sudden it's back to being green like it was last season. What's up with that?
Well, I noticed that it was orange in the middle. But the door at the end was green, though. Look closely.

And considering he was only in one segment, this is the LEAST amount of Elmo I've seen in years.
You know? I noticed him on there and all, but I didn't really notice there being less of him and I didn't really miss him all that much either. But I like the little guy, though. By the way, I know I'm one year under the age limit here, but I know who Bobby Mcferrin is.:stick_out_tongue:

Maybe 4137 was filmed before they repainted the Fix It Shop and 4135 was filmed after they modified the Fix it Shop and they rearranged the episodes in different order like how they did with Gina adopting Marco and Abby Cadabby being introduced from last season.
In 4135, the street story had the Fix It Shop orange but then later on in the RSI parody, it was seen to be green.
You know, I never realized that those we're shown out of episode order from filming. But they easily could have shown random still pictures for RSI or they could have easily taped it between seasons, too.

But I loved seeing the "Beginning, Middle and End" sketch! It must've been the only pre-1992 segment to be shown this season so far.
You know? The sown has so much old films, skits, commercials and segments that they actually rotate and alternate them. That why do only see certain ones after a certain number of years, maybe ever tow or three or something. But the bigger there library gets, the more they have to make room. It takes a while for everything to get a chance to be shown.

You know? I could easily tell that it was Matt in the Big Bird suit today and Caroll recorded in posts or pre production for him. But it was good seeing him at all anyway.

But I loved how Abby was saying that her mommy was having the three little pigs over for lunch and she had to stop at the stop at the store to get some veggie bacon, LOL! There not cannibals or "pignibles", Obviously. I always wondered about chickens taking about how delicious they we're.:confused:

I also love the send up that Telly, Baby Bear and Luis gave to how the tow headed monsters used to sound out words! I also like how they choose to add adult supervision more then just choosing to have a street story all puppets like they've been doing lately.

ssetta

Reaction score
You know everybody, believe it or not, this is actually the second time that there was no Elmo's World. I remember the first time for the same reason we're all taking note it now..because it's just to freakin' amazing to believe!
Really? When was the other time?