Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 38

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Episode 4158 was pretty cool. Elmo was a lot like his early 1990s self in that one. Also, they made a weird mistake: they played the nighttime music when Abby announced the sponsors!
So Abby appeared twice on the show? That kind of worries me, because this is sort of how all this Elmo-mania got started. They put a character in just a bit at a time, then more often until they start to overdo it.

I've been super-busy today so I only got to watch up to the part with Elmo's dance or whatever. My main problem with the street story was that there were so many inconsistencies. Why would Abby be surprised to see Zoe's tutu. She already saw it this season, so why is she acting like that's the first time. Also, she said that she hasn't played hide-and-seek before. She played with Big Bird and Snuffy in the episode from last season when she made her debut. I can understand continuity errors in long running series'. I mean, not remembering something that happened ten years ago would be understandable. But there really isn't any excuse for not remembering something that happened a few weeks ago. Plus, most PBS stations still play the episodes from earlier seasons. For example, someone could see the episode where Elmo learned that dinosaurs were extinct on the same day they play the episode with Herb the Dinosaur or they could play this episode on the same day they play the ep where Abby plays hide and seek with Snuffy. I think kids might be pretty confused by all this. Seems like Forgetful Jones is writing these scripts. :smile:

ssetta

Reaction score
Episode 4158 was pretty cool. Elmo was a lot like his early 1990s self in that one. Also, they made a weird mistake: they played the nighttime music when Abby announced the sponsors!
They've actually done that quite a few times this season. I think they feel that music is sort of appropriate when it's Abby, since it's gentle-sounding.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Is Bob going to show up this season?

Bob still hasn't been on this season of sesame street yet and there's only one episode left. It would feel highly strange if he didn't show up. It would be the first time ever where he's never appeared in any of the episodes in a season of the show. He's still credited. It just wouldn't feel or be the same without him. it just feels like it's all riding on this one last episode for him to make an appearance. he the only cast member who hasn't shown up this season.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Maybe he was either sick or unavailable or something. I really wish someone knew the answer. I miss Secret Squirrel. He knew the answers to everything.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Bob still hasn't been on this season of sesame street yet and there's only one episode left. It would feel highly strange if he didn't show up. It would be the first time ever where he's never appeared in any of the episodes in a season of the show. He's still credited. It just wouldn't feel or be the same without him. it just feels like it's all riding on this one last episode for him to make an appearance. he the only cast member who hasn't shown up this season.
I remember Ruthie being credited in the 30th season, even though I didn't see any new material with her that season. I recall seeing one episode with her in a skit, but I think that was from an earlier season (it took place outside of Finders Keepers). I've also seen her in a season 30 group photo (it was so weird seeing her and Alan in the same picture), but I don't think she appeared in any new material.

FatBlueMuppet

Reaction score
Bob was seen once so far this year. But it was in a skit from Season 35 called Spongebob Triangle Pants.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Today's episode was pretty neat. I was wondering the same thing about Abby asking Zoe about her tutu. It makes me wonder does the writers forget or what? Oh well. Enjoyed the whole show. Cool to see Ernie and Bert classical skit. Hope to get all these on DVD. I did the first time but made a mistake. I deleted one of the epiosde. The one where Chris was introuched. But i know they'll reshow them.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I really liked this episode. Abby, Rosita, and Zoe have great chemistry, I hope to see more of them together, and maybe even Prairie Dawn tossed into the mix.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I remember Ruthie being credited in the 30th season, even though I didn't see any new material with her that season. I recall seeing one episode with her in a skit, but I think that was from an earlier season (it took place outside of Finders Keepers). I've also seen her in a season 30 group photo (it was so weird seeing her and Alan in the same picture), but I don't think she appeared in any new material.
Ruth Buzzi was actually on season 30. She had a cooking show segment called "Cooking With Ruthie". But she was not see with the rest of the cast that season.

Bob was seen once so far this year. But it was in a skit from Season 35 called Spongebob Triangle Pants.
This is true. He can also be heard Reading the fairy tale Sleeping Beauty I think it was. But what I mean is he has not been seen in anything original, you know? To repeat myself. every cast member has been seen or shown this season (in something new) except for Bob, yet he is still in the credits. So if he does not show up, this will be the first completed season without him and I'm wondering if will ever see him again if this is the case?

wiley207

Reaction score
This season gave me my first glimpse at the new Gladys the Cow. I must say, while it's good to see the character back in action, I don't really like her new voice. It makes her sound, well, too feminine. The woman performing her does a great job with Cleo the Lion (on "Between the Lions"), but I'm not too fond of her Gladys. I think David Rudman or Eric Jacobson could easily perform Gladys the Cow and giver her a voice similar to her old one by Richard Hunt. It's not a hard voice to do.