Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 38

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah, But I would much rather have the essence and character of Gladys then just have the voice sound right. I'm sure there are better Cookie voices on the set, but Frank choose David Rudman because he knew the character the best. But he's gotten much better then when he started. But perhaps they do know the character Gladys well. But there's a difference with knowing a Character welll and filling someone else's shoe's. Just saying.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Bob was seen once so far this year. But it was in a skit from Season 35 called Spongebob Triangle Pants.
That was actually Trianglebob Trianglepants...but, nitpicks aside, I do miss seeing Bob as his usual self on the Street. :concern:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
First it's "Where's Waldo?" Now it's where's Bob McGrath?

I do love seeing Bob in silly costumes as much as the nest guy, but I miss seeing him as himself.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Yeah, But I would much rather have the essence and character of Gladys then just have the voice sound right. I'm sure there are better Cookie voices on the set, but Frank choose David Rudman because he knew the character the best. But he's gotten much better then when he started. But perhaps they do know the character Gladys well. But there's a difference with knowing a Character welll and filling someone else's shoe's. Just saying.
I could be wrong, but I don't think Frank Oz chose for David Rudman to take over Cookie Monster.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
First it's "Where's Waldo?" Now it's where's Bob McGrath?

I do love seeing Bob in silly costumes as much as the nest guy, but I miss seeing him as himself.
I agree. I was watching Elmo Saves Christmas on YouTube and noticed Bob was pretty active there. Too bad we don't have more of him in new material.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Frank Oz chose for David Rudman to take over Cookie Monster.
Yeah. After Frank's retirement I think he gave Cookie Monster to Eric. Then the writers gave him to David to allow more interaction between the two characters. However, it seems like that hasn't happened too often.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Angry

ANGRY! That was the word on the street for the ep they aired here in NYC. An appropriate word considering we are known as an angry city. Anyway I was not ANGRY because I saw the ep this time.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sheesh, thanks to a lack of a clock (and the fact that my mom likes to sleep REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLY late), I've missed like the last I don't know how many new episodes! Heck, I can't even remember what the last new episode was that I DID see... I think it had something to do with Chris teaching Elmo how to bowl.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Oh, then your not that far off then. Wish I could tell you the ones you missed though seeing as I don't remember at the moment.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Sheesh, thanks to a lack of a clock (and the fact that my mom likes to sleep REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLY late), I've missed like the last I don't know how many new episodes! Heck, I can't even remember what the last new episode was that I DID see... I think it had something to do with Chris teaching Elmo how to bowl.
Don't worry. The last one to air is come on tomorrow. It's the News Grouches one. Where Oscar watches his favorite news show. The news casters are "Dan Rathernot and Walter Cranky." Can't wait for this one. Remember. Tomorrow.