Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 38

muppet baby

Reaction score
I really love season 38 so much i am really loved the one where abby and elmo played together and also how abby and rosita played together and then the miss understnding and then making up .

That really teaches Kids about life and what would should be doing for each other .

Abby is so cute i love the colors that they chose for her . The shades of pink and purple that they used are my all time faverite .:smile: :wink:

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Grrrrr

I could tell you my thouGhts about GNN, but I'd Rathernot. Ha Ha Ha. Actually, this ep was very Good even thouGh it was a bit of struGGle to watch, my son Johnathan was not helpinG, if you know what I mean. Okay I think I've covered all the topics in this final episode. I haven't seen all the eps this season yet, but the ones I've seen have been very Good for the kids and very entertaininG for everyone. Unfortunately since I don't have cable, I've never seen CNN so I didn't recoGnize the Guest, but he was still interestinG, I've seen enouGh news shows to know they're pretty much all the same, so I knew what to expect from a reporter.

What's that Oscar? You want to Get a word in too. Okay Go riGht ahead.

Grouch News Network is now on channel 9, :grouchy:

There you have it the number of the day 9, just count the number of words and symbols in that sentence.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I thought people were gonna be saying "Only TWO episodes without Elmo's World?" My response to that might be because it's new to the show, which has been using Elmo's World for almost ten years now. But there might be more to come soon.
I'm a bit confused, are you saying episodes without EW are 'new to the show.' That's possible. After all, Abby was new last year and she only appeared in three episodes. This season she appeared in every episode. That could be the case with Elmo's World-less episodes. There might be more of them next season. Chances are they'll probably still get Elmo in every episode in a scene or two, but it would be nice to see more episodes without Elmo's World.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Season 38 wrap up

A season of change to say the least. The changes may not have been on an epic scale, but there were many. We had a new theme song, a new cast member, and new scene transitions. We took away several skits, including Time to play (which was a Godsend) and Global Grover (though 2 segments made it this season). We saw a third language creep into the vocabulary- French (while Sesame used to be a 2 language show, English and Spanish).

Then, we saw a couple things we thought we'd never see again. Two whole episodes without Elmo's World one episode with 2 letters of the day. While not drastic, such things were once unthinkable in this show's new era. The last 2 letter sponsor was season 30 or so, and the last Elmo's world lacking episode- why, that was 10 years ago. An entire generation grew up on that and grew up by the time it premiered to now. Amazing. We can't say for certain those changes are going to stick, or if they were just tiny experiments.

On a negative note, the season started out with a resounding lack of Muppet segments, which were out numbered by filmed inserts, many reused from the 90's. And also of note, a high number of reused segments were aired this year. We had no new Number of the day or Letter of the day segments, an not too many new "ads" during those segments. We had a new "hip hop beat" number search segment, which proved painfully repetitive, and predated.

We have seen some 80's segments. one or two Ernie and Berts, a couple postcards from Big Bird, and a couple film segments, like the Elephant bathing Splish Splash number.

We have also seen the biggest hit or miss segment to date: Celebrity word of the day. While some worked, due to the fact the comedians were in on the joke (Conan O Brien, Turk from Scrubs, pretty sure it was him, John Stewart to name a few) some people seemed downright uncomfortable, Charlie Gibson being the worst of the bunch. One almost wonders if SW has an agreement with NBC, since most of the celebs were from NBC news programs- including a certain Grouch News Network correspondent.

We have seen some pretty good parodies, A's anatomy, Dancing with the Triangles.

We have seen them play up their new reading incentive as hard as they played up their nutrition incentive a couple years back. but only during the earlier episodes. Which makes me wonder. Were 13 eps supposed to air as a miniseries, like season 36?

The street stories varied in quality, and this season had a strong last episode. While Elmo did take most of the spotlight, it seemed like Telly and Baby bear had the most episodes. Big Bird wasn't as omnipresent as usual, but he still appeared- clearly due to the lack of Muppet segments this season.

Over all, this has been a pretty interresting season. I give it a 7.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Alright, now for my thought on 'Sleeping Grouchy.'

Count, now I see what you mean about why they should have aired the segment about Maria and Luis at the museum It did seem to fit in with the episodes theme. When I first read that, I sort of thought you were talking about a different episode, but I get it now.

But Gordon married to Maria? Hmmmmmm. I know they were probably the only 2 humans available that day, but still....
Yeah. That didn't look right. If Luis and Susan had seen that they might be a bit POd.

Anyway, there are still six more episodes this season that I haven't seen yet. I'll have to wait till my station airs those and find out whatelse comes up.

wiley207

Reaction score
So far, it seemed like the most widely-used humans this season were Gordon, Alan and Maria. Also, Miles didn't many any appearances this season! But at least we got a new appearance by Bob; I guess they were saving him for last. Now it's also over with the...

Hi! I'm Murray from Sesame Street, and I'm looking for... the Word on the Street!
Hi! I'm Murray from Sesame Street, and I'm looking for... the Word on the Street!
Hi! I'm Murray from Sesame Street, and I'm... *WHACK!* Thank you.
What's the word on the street?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah, they seem to have a different cold opening every season. I wonder what's in store for next year.

Erine81981

Reaction score
But i enjoyed Murray the Monster. I know it was too much with the same old cold open. But maybe next year will get Murray in a street scene with some of the other Muppets. But i did enjoy the last episode. Pretty cool with Oscar and Cookie and then Bob too. Cool Bob being there.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
You know, I really hope they focus more on developing Murry next season, too. I think it cool that Joey has a monster. Would love to see more of him around!