Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 38

muppet baby

Reaction score
I am really liking the show called the bookaneers, i loved how they got Brian Williams to be on that show saying that he he was a part of Muppet news while he was siting at the NBC news desk that is really cute .

i am really liking this season a lot , i wish that i had not missed so much in the beginning , well i mean in the first month and a half of the season oh well at least i am watching the rest and i am going to catch the others in reruns i ha ha .

i really love the Pirates them of the bookaneers show that is really wonderful , i love seeing Elmo in pirates clothes that was so great .:wink:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Yeah is was good though I hated how she wanted to take the book away from Elmo.

Alan should of told her and the pirates who do you think you are? Get out!

OK I'm half joking.

Anyway who was the actress playing the lady pirate?

muppet baby

Reaction score
Yeah is was good though I hated how she wanted to take the book away from Elmo.

Alan should of told her and the pirates who do you think you are? Get out!

OK I'm half joking.

Anyway who was the actress playing the lady pirate?
oh well yes i want to know who she was also because i want to know if she was the same one who plays jeana ?

By the way

When did jeana have a baby was there a show about that ?

or the epsoid when elmo got evious was that just skit for that .

i hope that question makes sense about jeana and the baby that has been bugging me i saw that eposid seveal days ago

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Ahem... Let's please try to be respectful of others posts and questions, even if they may seem obvious to us. Thanks.

BTW: Mike, that was Tina Fay from SNL fame as the Bookaneers' Captain.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Season 38 in a nutshell

The good points

• Finally, Sesame Workshop kept their promise about emphasizing a new theme--and they did it without using the hard-sell, "force it into every episode" approach they had used to teach "Healthy Habits for Life". No preachy songs about "books are good, other entertainment is bad"...no making the kids feel lazy if they didn't learn the Word on the Street. Bravo!
  • They seem to be listening more to old-schoolers, coming up with good compromises between what nostalgic fans liked as kids/what kids today want and need. Two episodes with old-style treatment of the plot, one with two letters of the day, and more variety in the sponsor announcements: I hope those little experiments taught and entertained kids well enough to convince Sesame Workshop "Keep 'em coming!"
  • They seem interested in showing children that foreign languages other than Spanish exist. (French is a reasonable choice, what with Canada nearby...still, I swear I'd faint if I heard a character speak real Swedish on Sesame Street! *chuckle*)
  • They wrote some great new TV and book parodies, faithful to the source but still educational AND funny. Even I chuckled at the pirates during the season premiere...not to mention that priceless "Dr. Sewage" reading at the end!
The bad points

• "The Word on the Street" could have been done better: varying the character who asked during that cold open, tying the celebrity definitions to the street scenes, teaching more words that kids use in everyday life. (Come on, the only time an average toddler discusses squid is when he's talking about Spongebob Squarepants' sidekick!)
  • The celebrity song parodies got to be annoying after a while; what happened to letting Workshop songwriters create something original for a Muppet band? It worked for at least twenty years...
  • I'd hoped to see more and better new stuff for recurring themes; only ONE new letter segment and TWO new number songs all season? Sesame Workshop must be seriously strapped for cash...if I ever come into serious money, they're getting an annual donation from me. :smile:
  • The "Dinner Theater" segments could've been done better, too; I covered that in another post, but don't remember the link.
  • The "Elmo's World" segments seem uninspired, as if the writers were desperate for new topics and kid-friendly lessons. Even the "Beach" segment could have used improvement: that "Crabby Crawl" cartoon didn't show much dancing, and the "What Else?" questions could have covered more ground.
Overall, I'd say this season showed great potential in some places but wasted it in others...like Dr. Tooth, I'd give it a 7 on a 1-10 scale.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
oh well yes i want to know who she was also because i want to know if she was the same one who plays jeana ?

By the way

When did jeana have a baby was there a show about that ?

or the epsoid when elmo got evious was that just skit for that .

i hope that question makes sense about jeana and the baby that has been bugging me i saw that eposid seveal days ago
I believe you mean 'Gina.' She adopted baby Marco from Guatemala last season. Anyway, I don't think she was the same actress who played the lady pirate. I know 'Allison Bartlett-O-Reily' plays Gina. The name of the actress who played the pirate escapes me.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
RRRRRRR I see a Squid

I finally got to see episode 1 of season 38 today. As you already know the word was SQUID and there were 2 letters F & L and the number 8. I also saw how French was worked in as third language for at least one ep Abby Cadabby introduced us to chapeau and téte, French for hat and head. Actually I think Zoe would have been better to introduce us to French because according to the SS letter book collection that my daughter owns Zoe's parents are from France and in the Z book she uses the Zoot. Zoot is a mild french oath or swear word, while there is no true equivalent in English, it's closest to our **** it (darn it to those of you out there who are a bit squeamish). Anyway I have to go through the net and see if I can find some pix of an octopus and a squid. Megan was having a hard time telling the difference during the show.