Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 38

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
To answer some questions...

Answered this already, but Tina Fay was the one who portrayed the Bookaneers' Captain.
Marco was adopted by Gina last season, in Season 37, during Episodes 4130-4132.
An octopus has a large bulblike head and 8 arm/tentacles coming out from the bottom of its head, whereas a squid has a conelike head divided into two halved segments with ringlike rims around both segments of its head, eight tentacles coming out from the bottom of its head, and two more tentacles coming out from the top of its head. Squids are most commonly mistaken for krakens, though both are different creatures.

BTW: I'd be interested in more info on those SST Letter Books abiraniriba. Please drop me a line to know of these releases.

Convincing John

Reaction score
Aw, what a gyp! They played episode 4088 (from 2005) where I live. I wanted to see the pirate stuff. Ah well, can't win 'em all. At least today's episode (here) had some great Snuffy and Count moments.

Convincing John

Convincing John

Reaction score
Not a gyp after all!

Even though it wasn't the pirate episode, the episode here wasn't bad at all. I gotta admit except for the "Hewo Guy" and that (shudder) Elephant, it was a pretty good episode. As an "old school" fan, I liked it! An old school "Grover with kid" moment aired, the Letter of the Day (K) was excellent with Cookie and Prairie, and of course, Jim's Ernie is always a treat ("Imagine That" was shown). The episode had a lot of Jerry Nelson in it. Yay! Lots of the Count, the "I'm A Little Airplane" song, (I love that song) Number of the Day, and playing the tornado in EW. Of course, if something has Jerry Nelson's voice in it, the awesomeness factor automatically goes up for me.

Ironic that they had the tornado on in EW, well for me to see it anyway. I was at the library last night and they blew the tornado whistle!

Tornado: "You can't play outside while I'm around...."

Yeah, and it also interrupts your browsing of Muppet Central and makes you go to the basement! LOL!

Convincing John

wiley207

Reaction score
...playing the tornado in EW. Of course, if something has Jerry Nelson's voice in it, the awesomeness factor automatically goes up for me.

Ironic that they had the tornado on in EW, well for me to see it anyway. I was at the library last night and they blew the tornado whistle!

Tornado: "You can't play outside while I'm around...."

Yeah, and it also interrupts your browsing of Muppet Central and makes you go to the basement! LOL!

Convincing John
Wow, the tornado was played by Jerry Nelson? I didn't know he did work in post-2000 "Elmo's World" segments! (even though this one was from 2002)

Similarly, the East Branch library in my city has an old civil defense siren near it, which might've actually been meant to be used as an alert if there was a nuclear war/attack coming, like in "Duck and Cover."

abiraniriba

Reaction score
old ep, letter books

Channel 13 did an old ep of SS today Snuffy's cloud wish involving 40 balloons.
special to Count there is a PM in your mailbox and I have included a partial transcription of the P and Z books from the letter book set in this post

P

Zoe's Purple Pants

A package came from the postman
All the way from Paris, France.
My parents knew I wanted
A pair of purple pants...

The story goes on from there with Zoe having a number of strange things in her pockets that start with the letter P including a python. At the end she has to figure out how to put them back!

Z

Zoe's Z Book

"Oh Zoe," called her sitter.
"It's time to go to bed."
Oh zounds, oh zoot, it couldn't be.
I'd rather play instead."

Zoe tries several different ways of delaying her bedtime all using a Z word and eventuallly winds up sleeping with the characteristic Z's emerging from her mouth.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I watched a little bit today, I think Chris is very funny and a great addition to the cast. I think I could easily watch him anytime. And Cookie was very much in character, not realizing that being a cookie seller means you have to SELL cookies, lol.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, now that the season is over, I wish I could give it an "overall" opinion, but I really can't at this moment since I've missed SOOOOOOOO much.

But from what all I have seen, though, I do believe my theory continues to be correct: every other season is a good one, while every other season is a disappointment.

So since Season 36 was the last pleasing season, and 37 was the last disappointing season, I must say that what I've seen of 38 so far, it's been a pleasing season!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
But from what all I have seen, though, I do believe my theory continues to be correct: every other season is a good one, while every other season is a disappointment.
Hmm, so Sesame Street's taken a lesson from the Star Trek films! Lol

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hmm, so Sesame Street's taken a lesson from the Star Trek films! Lol
Um... not that I know of... it just seems like when I started watching Sesame Street again on a regular basis back in 2001, every other season was a good season, while every other season was a bad one. Like, this is based on my opinion...

- Season 32 (2001) was a good season.
- Season 33 (2002) was okay... the MAJOR set changes threw me off for one thing.
- Season 34 (2003) was a great season! Great, memorable storylines, plus the birth of Curly Bear.
- Season 35 (2004) was a very depressing season. "The Street We Live On" was a good special, but the rest of the season just didn't do it for me.
- Season 36 (2005) was another great season, with more memorable storylines. My favorite season to date.
- Season 37 (2006), although we had the introduction of Abby Cadabby, was VERY disappointing on a lot of levels.
- Season 38 (2007) was (from what all I've seen so far) has been another good season, with nice, fun storylines.