This is REALLY Getting OLD!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I did a thread about this a while back, but, unfortunately, I can't find it, so here's a new one...

According to TVshowsonDVD.com: The Andy Griffith Show, Everybody Loves Raymond, and Seinfeld are going to have the exact same thing done to them as M*A*S*H did a while back: after all these years of individual season sets being released, they're now going to have COMPLETE SERIES sets released!

I realize they keep doing this because it just means more money for them, but seriously, this is getting old! Especially for people who took the time, and already spent much of their hard-earned money on individual season sets over the past few years to build up their collection.

Like I said before, if they're going to release complete series sets on DVD, they should just stick with series that didn't even last long in the first place (maybe a season or two at best).

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Full House is also coming out in a complete series box set.

The complete Twin Peaks series is also coming out. The season 1 boxed set is out of print, and season two was recently released (on another label). What may entice folks to plop down $ for the set is the inclusion of the show's pilot episode, which wasn't included with the season 1 set for some reason.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Oh yeah, the complete Brady Bunch is available with shag carpeting packaging!

I've started to collect The Untouchables with Robert Stack, but what kinda annoys me is that the first season (and probably subsequent seasons) is divided into two volumes. So right now I own season 1, volume 1 of the show. Season 1, volume 2 is coming out in September. Granted, these are 60-minute shows (well, 45 I guess, without commercials), but you'd think the whole season would be included. On the other hand, I really like the packaging. Instead of a box, the set comes in a standard keepcase.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
They did it with Friends too. It really does suck.
Yeah, I was just going to mention Friends. And that show is 10 seasons long! If you manage to get them cheap for $20 a piece, that's a minimum of $200 if you buy it season by season.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Okay, first The X-Files was released season by season in a rather large, bulky box set that retailed for about $100 apiece (though you could find them lower). Then the entire series was re-released in space-saving slim-line case sets, that retailed for about $50 apiece (though again, you can find them lower).

Now make way for the massive complete series, spread over 61 discs (including the feature film) that retails for about $350. Though you can find it lower.:rolleyes:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, I was just going to mention Friends. And that show is 10 seasons long! If you manage to get them cheap for $20 a piece, that's a minimum of $200 if you buy it season by season.
Hey, M*A*S*H was longer than that!

Fortunately, so many M*A*S*Hers (including me) made such a big yahoo out of it (because none of the individual season sets had special features except for that optional laugh track feature, yet the complete series set had TWO discs of special features) that they stopped manufacturing complete series set, and simply re-released the special features in its own set (along with the three hour series' finale as a special feature as well).

travellingpat

Reaction score
I think they did the same for west wing...its not a big deal for me, more than likely id just buy the seasons i wanted

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
Oh yeah, the complete Brady Bunch is available with shag carpeting packaging!

I've started to collect The Untouchables with Robert Stack, but what kinda annoys me is that the first season (and probably subsequent seasons) is divided into two volumes. So right now I own season 1, volume 1 of the show. Season 1, volume 2 is coming out in September. Granted, these are 60-minute shows (well, 45 I guess, without commercials), but you'd think the whole season would be included. On the other hand, I really like the packaging. Instead of a box, the set comes in a standard keepcase.
I have it. It's "groovy"! lol.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well i have seen some things about this M.A.S.H set and i started getting really really happy about it. I think this is really a better buy in the long run for us die hard M.A.S.H fans. Now if you have already bought seasons 1-9 you dont have to losse all your money you spent on them. Just take the DVD's to a store that will trade or even give cash back. You sure wont get all of your money back but for all nine plus the finaly you could get a little bit, and you could put what you do get towards getting this whole set! It's just an idea thats what i did when they released jacka@ the show they put out volumes 3 & 4 with no features then they came out with a box set that had a book and lots of cool things.
With a show like M.A.S.H you would just have to get the whole set, because all the shows are so good. I wonder if ER will last as long as M.A.S.H did