Rowlf and The Swedish Chef on Saturday Night Live

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I actually tend to like Andy Samberg. I don't know--he's got this cheeky energy that I like. As for his Chef impression, I think it has its merits. There need to be more words for it to really be an impression, but I'm not sure that's what he's going for. With the only words really being "Smorg" and "borg" (and "bork"), it's really more of a caricature than an impression, but I think that's the idea.

Anyway, I think that one thing he has going for him with the Chef is the vocal tone. It sounds Swedish Cheffy enough to me, which kind of makes me laugh even more at how few words he actually says.

I don't know if that makes sense, but for some reason I dig it.

And the live-action Mayhem trio was just about the highlight of my weekend. :smile:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
What was the point of that sketch? it wasnt a parody, it was just an imitation. They should have just got the real deal.
I agree it was rather random and do people even know who a muppet thats not being used like Rowlf the dog even is? It all just seems odd to me and really does make me wonder if Disney is paying to have these muppets referances poping up in pop culture.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I just saw it and I thought it was cute. It's kind of like the Muppet references on Family Guy. These people grew up with the Muppets just like all of us so they're just trying to pay a little tribute. It was funny. That's just my two cents though.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I just saw it and I thought it was cute. It's kind of like the Muppet references on Family Guy. These people grew up with the Muppets just like all of us so they're just trying to pay a little tribute. It was funny. That's just my two cents though.
Or it's like I'm saying and this is all part of what Disney is doing and paying to have the muppets on these shows so people know who they are again which is just fine by me either way. But I mean seriously that snl skit was really random.

peyjenk

Reaction score
It doesn't really seem Disney-ish to me to pay SNL to do a Muppet skit. That just doesn't seem to be their style.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
It doesn't really seem Disney-ish to me to pay SNL to do a Muppet skit. That just doesn't seem to be their style.
could be the muppet holding companies style though :wink:
and seriously I have to wonder did half the people watching even know who rowlf the dog is?:sympathy:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Wow, that is surprising! I haven't watched all of it yet but I'm glad they thought of this sketch.

I do think SNL was only really good in the first couple of seasons. Though some of the recent cast members are funny; I always laugh at Maya Rudolph. :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I didn't notice until now but...Janice playing...the tambourine? ! Wow, that is like sacrilege, fer sure!

However, I personally liked the Swedish Chef impersonation. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I didn't notice until now but...Janice playing...the tambourine? ! Wow, that is like sacrilege, fer sure!
Whoever refferenced this musta been looking at the action figures. That's the only reason they gave Janice a hat. If anyone sees this on youtube, look at the electric mayhem members, and look at their corresponding action figures. They're wearing the same outfits.