Is Frank Oz officially done with Sesame Street now?

FatBlueMuppet

Reaction score
I'm just wondering, since I have not seen any new material this season with any of his 3 charachters. Does anyone know if he has now left Sesame Street as well? It wouldn't surprize me if he did. He's been phasing himself out of that show since the late 70's. If anyone has any info on this please let me know. Thanks

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't off the top of my head think so, since there were a lot of characters aside from the usual suspects that didn't show up this season in new footage, probably due to their low and ever shrinking budget.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
He did exactly one new grover sketch this season so far and he is still in the credits. It could be that he might be ready to hang in the towel so to speak. But only the future can tell us this for sure.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think to date he still commits like ONE day a year to tape new material with his characters; originally, he was only doing new Ernie and Bert sketches, but lately he's been doing new stuff with Grover, but only when they're Grover and Fat Blue sketches.

As far as the non-Sesame muppets are concerned, yes, he is officially retired from them, as is Jerry Nelson.

Drtooth

Reaction score
As far as the non-Sesame muppets are concerned, yes, he is officially retired from them, as is Jerry Nelson.
But we're pushing for Jerry to at least loop dialogue for Fraggle Rock, the Movie.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Perhaps he is just moving on.
Yes, that's really the main reason why he's retired from the Muppets, and only commits one day a year to Sesame Street, because he's wanting to concentrate on his directing career.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Actually, Caroll Spinny and Jerry Nelson are both older then he is and Fran Barell is the same age as he is. Perhaps he is just moving on.
Who's Fran Barell and Caroll Spinny? :smile: It's Fran BRILL and Caroll SpinnEY:smile: