Is Frank Oz officially done with Sesame Street now?

zns

Reaction score
Like all of you, I have great respect for Frank Oz. I feel that because he is doing something else that enjoys just as much, we shouldn't have to be upset by the fact that he is not working with the Muppets like he used to.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
He occasionally still does Bert new Ernie and Bert Sketches. although I never her his Cookie monster anymore.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I think circumstances have pushed him out the door at Henson and it seems to be going that way with Sesame Workshop. too.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
he has things to do considering his filmaking days.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
He occasionally still does Bert new Ernie and Bert Sketches. although I never her his Cookie monster anymore.
Well, like its been said, his intentions was to ONLY do new Ernie and Bert sketches, but I think the only reason he's done new stuff with Grover lately is because they involve the old Grover - Fat Blue routines.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
I noticed that when he did the russian sketch. and Frank performed Grover in newer kid moment Sketches.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
he has things to do considering his filming days.
Yeah, that's true, but I think it might be that he just dose not want to do it anymore because the people he once worked for are not being true to what made then what they are, and have become.

Luke

Reaction score
I think circumstances have pushed him out the door at Henson and it seems to be going that way with Sesame Workshop. too.
I think you're right. As the companies have become more commercialized and not part of the Henson family, its more about getting a professional job done, on budget than arranging certain things for traditions sake which are gonna take time and cost more money.

It'd be nice if they got him to direct one of the movies, or if there was some kind of event he would turn up at to be honoured for his Henson work.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Frank has recently taped sketches for Season 40 of Sesame Street, so he's not officially done with Sesame Street.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Frank has recently taped sketches for Season 40 of Sesame Street, so he's not officially done with Sesame Street.
Once again, this is REALLY old. If you want to say something, try not to reply to something someone said that is really old. There are more recent threads that are more relevant to the show now; leaving no reason to post a reply to something somebody probably has forgotten they said.