Miss Piggy on UK TV

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh I know, I know. I've seen it. I guess they were always of the opinion that a happy marriage just doesn't hold interest...but think of all the interesting things they 'could' have done...like...Figs! I guess their relationship was always quite rocky, so it was always going to end on the rocks...

Bea:zany:{As in, "I'll have a martini, on the rocks...}regard

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Piggy and Kermit have never really had a "relationship" of that kind, not in any of the original movies or The Muppet Show at least. The writers played with the ideas a little and made it clear that they cared about each other but that's as far as it ever went while Jim Henson was around. Most of the relationship idea was formed in Piggy's head and we only ever hear that things are well between them from her. Kermit has never admitted to a relationship, even from when Piggy was introduced back in the mid 70s. He used to flirt with the female guest stars and she with the male guest stars. Kermit even flirted with some of the other Muppet characters in fornt of Piggy. Remember Miss Mousey or Annie Sue Pig? He even forced Gonzo onto her when he purposely made her think he [Kermit] was interested in her.
The Piggy and Kermit thing has been going on for as long as most of us have been alive.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Oh I know, I know. I've seen it. I guess they were always of the opinion that a happy marriage just doesn't hold interest...but think of all the interesting things they 'could' have done...like...Figs! I guess their relationship was always quite rocky, so it was always going to end on the rocks...

Bea:zany:{As in, "I'll have a martini, on the rocks...}regard
Don't think of it ending on the rocks because it can't. If they stopped producing Muppet shows or movies now and Piggy and Kermit were never shown again, the story would end as it is. What happens next would be up to each person and their own mind. We only have this story because the writters have written it that way. They are only make believe characters with no life outside of what we see and hear about them. Kermit could get blown up, die and still be "alive" straight afterwards like nothing had happened. I think the writers just want to make it interesting and the idea that they settle down and live happily ever after doesn't excite them. If theat did happen, what then? There are only so many ways they could (realistically) take the story before people decided things were getting too far fetched or before the characters lost all sense of reality that they have built up over the years. The writers have to keep it real. Think about it, how many puppet characters, except for Muppet ones, get interviews in their own right, without the puppeteer and get treated as if they are living, breathing life forms?

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
No kidding. And man has it gotten old. No wonder most people have lost interest in them.
How many family shows have lasted as long as The Muppets? Most British shows last a few seasons and American shows a few seasons more then they end. We get re-runs and the complete season box-sets and thats all. The Muppets having ANY impact on todays entertainment market with new programs, movies or appearances is still pretty impressive. I agree that they have since lost their spark but I don't think it's time to write them off altogether. Let's see how this new series (if it really does come to light) pans out.

Luke

Reaction score
Miss Piggy appeared on 25 years of the Bafta Awards (pre-recorded i think) tonight in the UK. She did a sketch with Sharon Osbourne.

Muppet Loverr

Reaction score
Miss Piggy appeared on 25 years of the Bafta Awards (pre-recorded i think) tonight in the UK. She did a sketch with Sharon Osbourne.
Can someone recored it and post it on Youtube so people can watch it in the US. PLZ

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh my gosh! Piggy and Shaon Ozbourne? How could I miss the worlds most famous Diva mixing with TV's most currant diva? I love Piggy, I love Sharon! What did they have to say to one another?

Luke

Reaction score
I only saw the first part as i had to go out. Piggy was revealed on the stage sitting on her own sofa, Sharon then appeared and sat next to Piggy talking about how they were both big divas. Piggy didn't seem to think Sharon could compare to her and apparently ended up giving her the hiiiiiiii-yaaaaaaaa!

If you do a search on The Sun newspaper site i think there is a showbiz article with a nice photo.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I saw the picture. It looks gorgious. And, naturally, Sharon can't quite compare to de pig...who can?

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
I saw the picture. It looks gorgious. And, naturally, Sharon can't quite compare to de pig...who can?
Not sure she'd like to hear you say that! :stick_out_tongue:
Her husband did a duet with Piggy a few years back and he worked with Kermit on The Party At The Palace thing for The Queen's Jubilee.