Elmo's World-free episodes don't go over

SSLFan

Reaction score
This season has like 19 episodes left they just haven't aired yet. But the show is going until at least season 41 at this point.
Nah- Sesame St. will go on forever! Or At least until Season 50. Imagine...Sesame Street's 50th Anniversary! :wisdom:

Never give up hope!:big_grin:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
If it's the latter for the Street, then air some of the "classic" episodes, dang it!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Off topic... but were there even any new episodes of Arthur this season? Or did they cheap out and say, "Aw, we have enough to mercilessly rerun through all eternity."
Mark Brown has stated that season 12 and 13 are in the works and that he has no plans to cancel the show at all.

Nah- Sesame St. will go on forever! Or At least until Season 50. Imagine...Sesame Street's 50th Anniversary! :wisdom:

Never give up hope!:big_grin:
I'm not giving up. But Ugh! I like the show and everyhting, But I think that fifty is just pushing it. I don't like to think that far ahead...:stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
If it's the latter for the Street, then air some of the "classic" episodes, dang it!

That's the problem. With all the Blah Blah Blahs and Yakkity Smackitys they wouldn't want to show classic episodes amidst newer ones.

Though I think they can bulk the season up by re-editing certain episodes and slapping some different footage in them/ Sort of like what they used to do in the old days.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I just hope that when you say "re-edit" that it doesn't mean the classic skits get retooled (i.e. Henson being replaced with Whitmire).

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just hope that when you say "re-edit" that it doesn't mean the classic skits get retooled (i.e. Henson being replaced with Whitmire).
Nah... By "re-edit" they take the main story line and shove different sketches in. That's what they did in the old days. There's quite a lot of rerun episodes that padded out the 100+ episodes a season they used to have in the beginning.

I don't see why they can't take any episodes up to season 32 (the change season) that have EW, and just add new and different sketches to it.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Not sure exactly what you mean, but to be nit picky, the changed season was season 33.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Perhaps he means to re-air said episodes, but with new skits and segments?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Perhaps he means to re-air said episodes, but with new skits and segments?
Like they used to back in the earlier days. How else did you think the first season was capable of over 100 episodes? they reused the street segments, gutted out the rest, and put alternate sketches in.

I could see them doing that with specific older episodes. And, if done right, we could use the same Letter of the day/Number of the day openings and put Elmo's World at the end. Maybe alternate those as well....

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Indeed. Say, if Elmo's in the Street story, don't include Elmo's World.