Sketches Featuring Logos when aired in International SST Co-Productions

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Do Sesame Street sketches that have title logo cards have their logos cut when shown on international versions of Sesame Street, or are they repalced with the title spelled like it would be spelled in that country? Or do the title cards appear as they are shown in the american version, without any alterations?

I once saw an episode of Plaza Sesamo which included a Sesame Street News sketch, but the logo wasn't shown. I also noticed that the recent Play with me Sesame video Playtime with Grover has a Super Grover sketch, but the logo is either cut or wasn't in the original sketch. I wonder if the logo wasn't included because the video was originally released in austrailia, and wasn't changed for the american release (possibly excluding language dubs).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
After viewing the many Plaza Sesamo episodes I have, I've noticed that they usually don't air segments with English words in them, however there are a few exceptions:

-They still show News Flashes, complete with the American title card
-A sketch where Zoe and Baby talk about YES, the word yes was bove them in the American version, but it is taken out of the Spanish version
-The sketch when The Two Headed Monster read SPIN was edited to remove that word spin and it was repleced with the Spanish word for it GIRA
-Grover's Monster Workout Video still has the title card, but the top left corner (which has "Grover's Monster Workout Video" written in it) has been replaced with Grover, Bobby and Sissy swaying their arms
-The ABCD Blue segment has the photo of the alphabet on Cookie's table replaced with a picture of Alistar Cookie.

Hope this helps.

ISNorden

Reaction score
The Danish version of "Elmo's World" calls the main character Elmer, so Sesame Workshop edited out the name-writing part at the end of the opening theme...sort of. You can still see Elmo's crayon moving in the shape of E-L-M-O, but it doesn't leave a mark on his windowshade. :confused:

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Danish version of "Elmo's World" calls the main character Elmer,
"Be vewy vewy quiet. Elmer's thinking about huntin' wabbits today...a-huhuhuhuhuhuhuh!"

Yeah, I've seen that. I don't know why it wouldn't have just been easier to cut to a pre-made title card at that point. At least it wouldn't have been as awkward looking as Elmo/Elmer scribbling with a crayon and nothing coming out. Of course, we can pretend that Elmo bought a bunch of those cheap, overly waxy crayons at a dollar store.