Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School Volume 2

Son of Enik

Reaction score
Overall, I am very pleased with Old School Volume 2...I saw so many songs and skits that brought back so many great memories. "What's The Name Of That Song" has long been a favorite of mine, and I loved seeing the original clip again as well as the music montage of kids doing things that could be their jobs in the future. (Love the music!) The bonus clips were well selected also///I love "Cookie Disco" and "Wonder Child" as I am a huge fan of Ritchie Havens.
I could go on all day here, but instead I'll jaust say I truly enjoyed this set and look forward to Volume 3!

Son of Enik

Reaction score
Old School scores again!

Overall, I am very pleased with Old School Volume 2...I saw so many songs and skits that brought back so many great memories. "What's The Name Of That Song" has long been a favorite of mine, and I loved seeing the original clip again as well as the music montage of kids doing things that could be their jobs in the future. (Love the music!) The bonus clips were well selected also, I love "Cookie Disco" and "Wonder Child" as I am a huge fan of Ritchie Havens.
I could go on all day here, but instead I'll just say I truly enjoyed this set and look forward to Volume 3!

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
This is a great set, though if I see "Two little dolls" again I may go mad. That's a lot of the same clip to keep watching, even if it is sweet.

Then again, the inclusion of "FOUR PEOPLE FOOLED!" more than makes up for that.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks they should be putting more than just 2 episodes on each dvd?
I mean look at the muppet show sets...they have quite a few episodes on each one...
And ok episode 666 that's just creepy lol
Ohhh and I almost forgot I thought that the set having easter eggs was great! I love those little hidden gems!

ISNorden

Reaction score
I agree, JimHensonHour...even though Sesame Street is an hour long and the Muppet Show is half that, I'd like to see more full-length episodes on the next set of Old School DVDs. After all, a lot of eventful stories took place during the rest of the season!

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I agree, JimHensonHour...even though Sesame Street is an hour long and the Muppet Show is half that, I'd like to see more full-length episodes on the next set of Old School DVDs. After all, a lot of eventful stories took place during the rest of the season!
Exactly I'd pay for more episodes myself I don't know about the rest of you..
I mean I like all the cuts they've included but I really enjoy all the stuff going down on the street.

Pug Lover

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks they should be putting more than just 2 episodes on each dvd?

No I totally agree with you.I wish they could have done it the same way as The Electric Company DVD sets,where there were at least five episodes on each disc.It would make a better variety.:wink:

PinballStewie

Reaction score
Anyone else surprised about the inclusion of this segment?

One of the "bonus" clips is listed as "Magic Pig Calypso Song". I TOTALLY remember that song from my youth, but it doesn't seem to be talked about much here on MuppetCentral and I don't remember it being shown very often either. Anyone else surprised about this song's inclusion?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
One of the "bonus" clips is listed as "Magic Pig Calypso Song". I TOTALLY remember that song from my youth, but it doesn't seem to be talked about much here on MuppetCentral and I don't remember it being shown very often either. Anyone else surprised about this song's inclusion?

I wasn't very familiar with that song before this set came out (I don't remember it at all), but many of the bonus clips seemed more random on this set than on the first one. This set has many segments that I wasn't familiar with, such as Ernie and Bert: Slice of Life, I Got a Song, It Feels Good When You Sing a Song, Marshall Grover: Away From, and quite a few skits with celebrities whom I had never heard of. But there are some segmnewts that I would have expected (or at least am not surprised about the inclusion of), such as Subway, City-Country Song, Bert Teaches Pigeon Checkers, Letter Y Box of Crayons, Sing After Me, and Ten Commandments of Health.

ssetta

Reaction score
I was a little surprised they included that one as well. I was also surprised about "Dog Flea Camp" from Season 8.