Your Animal Replica Pictures

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I still want to make a collar. I think I am going to go to the hardware store and see what I can find. I am having trouble finding plastic tubing to go around his neck. I am sure I will find something, I just have to keep looking is all. Thanks guys, Glad you like his new make-over! :halo:

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
OK everyone, here is my final and finished Animal. I got his tongue done, got the mustache pinned back, and furred his brow. Then I trimmed his beard. I think I finally got him the way I wanted. I like his new makeover. Here you go everyone my new Animal:

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb82/tsmert/IMG_0054.jpg

His new tongue:

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb82/tsmert/IMG_0052Small.jpg

I like this Muppet makeover stuff....it is really fun! :halo:

VERY cool animal makover there MuppetCaper! I give u credit for all that.... i dont have the gull too (and plus I dont dare) but i LOVE what you have done tho! :wink:

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Great pics and modifications guys.

Im still also not to keen on making permanent changes, I like to keep all things in Mint as made condition, but Animal does need tweeking! I will be coloring in the white eyebrow plastic.

What is the best thing to use to hold the eyebrows open, I think someone on here mentioned some sort of clip, do you put it on the foam or where?

Another thing I have noticed with the Animal is that the arms have a strengthened section with a weaker section at the elbow. Animals arms dont have an actual elbow bend point, they more curve, the elbow probably followed on from Kermits design. Its not easy to bend the strengthened bit to curve the arms. This is also stated in the design pages as seen in The Muppet style guide. It also comments that the eyes DO TOUCH in the centre, however I think this info may be for illustrations of the character.

Now my Animal has been here for nearly two weeks the hair is still settling and looking more natural.

Chris

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
The hair was something I just kept playing with till I got it the way it is. I kept comparing pictures to get it right. But sometimes the pictures have short hair and others have it long. I went with the long version sice I thought it looked better. I am pretty happy with his look.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
I found the best way to get the hair down was use a fine spray of water to add weight to the feathers and they naturally stay down. I was scared of using something that would permanantly attach to the feathers.

JUST TO WARN YOU THOU... I panicked after I first sprayed him 'cos he looked like he'd been caught in the rain (even with minimal spray!), however after a few hours he looked mint!

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
The hair was something I just kept playing with till I got it the way it is. I kept comparing pictures to get it right. But sometimes the pictures have short hair and others have it long. I went with the long version sice I thought it looked better. I am pretty happy with his look.
Thats what I did MC........I found myself using older pics rather than the modern pics.:smile:

doc hopper

Reaction score
Finally got some pics of my Animal. This is after the hair settled down (with glue and gel) and replacing the pupils with the pop out circles from that pack of velvet numbers i found.

Animal 1
Animal 2
Animal and Kermit

Oh, and they're hanging from the ceiling so my cat doesn't get 'em.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Finally got some pics of my Animal. This is after the hair settled down (with glue and gel) and replacing the pupils with the pop out circles from that pack of velvet numbers i found.

Animal 1
Animal 2
Animal and Kermit

Oh, and they're hanging from the ceiling so my cat doesn't get 'em.
I had wondered! They look fantastic and I like them hanging actually. :halo:

doc hopper

Reaction score
Thanks Frogboy!

here's a shot of the felt numbers - there were also letters and symbols in the pack! pupils were made from the bottom punch out from the #8:

Felt Numbers from Michaels

oh, and each pack comes with two sets of numbers so you don't have to buy two packs.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I don't know why everyone is changing there pupils on there Animal. I look at pictures and I don't see that he is cross-eyed at all. Also, Terry told me that his pupils are suppose to be a half inch and no smaller. It just looks odd to me to see that Animal looks like he is cross eyed. :halo: