Your thoughts of The Muppets at Macy's Thankgiving Parade '07

BEAR

Reaction score
I thought the camers people could have been better. During the Sesame Street performance, there were times when certain characters sang, but weren't on camera.
I agree with you there! They were great at the very beginning and with Bob singing his solo right into the camera, but then for the majority of the number, the camera was not on whoever was singing. Oh well... still a wonderful treat to see the cast year after year. Cute to See Hoots sharing Big Bird's nest too. Was The Count there though? I don't remember seeing him. Was curious as to why I didn't see Gordon on the float this time, and no sign of Chris (the newest human addition either). Atleast the rest of the grownup cast was there though. Even Susan! I guess if we never see her on the show, we get to see her once a year on a float for a couple minutes. Kinda weird, but oh well. Also...not that I don't like Alice (I love her), but it's funny that she was on the float and we really never see her on the show anymore. However, Snuffy is never on the float and he's a regular character. I'm happy they chose that song. Anybody know any of the other songs they've sung in past years?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Count was there he was hidden behind some grown ups he was wearing a top hat. he almost looked like muhourd

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Yeah, The Count was in the same window as Murray Monster. You could barely see him right at the begining, behind Miles and Gabi and random kids.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I loved that Barkley was on the float, that was thrilling! They did film the wrong people at times. More research should have been done, but then again it is difficult filming a live event like that. The parade is often awkwardly filmed.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well i think the songs where recorded so even if they where not there on the float then they where more then likely at the recording. I know Carol did Big Bird but where was Oscar.

Now about Snuffy not ever being at the parade i think it would be very hard to get him out of the studio they have him hanging from the top of the sound stage anyways. The only time i ever think he has been out side was in FTB so having Alice is a nice sub.

Wow i never knew that so many people love Barkley. He is a wonderful dog i wish i could have him as my pet.

bknatchbull

Reaction score
I have to agree. For some reason the Director (or Tecnical Director) totally lost it during this sequence. Not sure what happened but he missed all the shots during the characters key moments of song. Surprising since the whole Parade was directed by Gary Halvorson, the same guy who has directed Muppets Tonight! and Dinosaurs. It was nice though to see all of Jim Henson's (not Sesame Workshop's) original Sesame Street Muppets still getting the attention today!

Brian