Your Thoughts: A MC Christmas

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... Was wondering if you happen to have both versions of The Twelve Days Of Christmas featuring John Denver in the rotation.

The one from the soundtrack has the following characters/singers:
1 John Denver,
2 Fozzie Bear,
3 Gonzo,
4 Robin,
5 Miss Piggy,
6 Scooter,
7 Lew Zealand,
8 Rowlf,
9 Bunsen and Beaker,
10 Statler and Waldorf,
11 Beauregard, and
12 Kermit.

But the version from the TV special which I fondly remember has the following characters/singers:
1 John Denver,
2 Kermit,
3 Gonzo,
4 Robin,
5 Miss Piggy,
6 Scooter,
7 Fozzie Bear,
8 Rowlf,
9 Statler and Waldorf,
10 Floyd Pepper,
11 Janice, and
12 Animal.

Love all the merry Muppet music, keep it coming.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Silverscreen Crackers is a radio special about Christmas movies. They spent about 10 minutes talking about the music from The Muppet Christmas Carol including interviews with Paul Williams, Brian Henson and Kermit.

Here's some more info...

http://www.close-upfilm.com/features/Featuresarchive/silverscreencrackers.htm
That's neat. I'll need to keep up with radio and hear it. I only saw it listed and didn't hear it. So I'll keep it in mind to try and listen to the radio sometime.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... Was wondering if you happen to have both versions of The Twelve Days Of Christmas featuring John Denver in the rotation.
Yes, we're currently playing both versions. Keep listening and you'll hear the broadcast version with different characters. I love the end where John congratulates Fozzie for finally getting his line right. "Fozzie you got it!"

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Phil... Just wanted to say I'm rully happy with the last few songs I've caught.
The Emmet Otter tribute album, "Do You See What I See?" with Rosie and Elmo, "Little Saint Nick" by the EM, "Christmas Morning" with the live inserts... Look forward to what other surprises the MC Radio Merry Muppathon has for us.

Rugby

Reaction score
Why can't the Christmas menu and other specialty menus appear over the forum?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I always thought they should too. :wink:

To answer your question - I don't know. They don't really say "forum" on them but I take that to be obvious. Originally the intention was to direct viewers to the main page to see all the updates, but there really aren't any this season. It's been a busy year for much of the Muppet Central staff. It's been a strange and hectic couple or so years for me too. Has anyone reviewed the Animal poser yet? Keep waiting for that update.

Anyway, that's probably why the menus aren't over the forum - in order to direct traffic to the main page. However, I think the menus are being missed altogether. And I spent much time on them (years ago). :sympathy:

There are several more coming too. 5 more holiday menus including New Years. Also the Fraggle 25th anniversary menu and the Muppet Central 10th anniversary menu are coming in January. There the same as last year, but with updated numbers, but I enjoyed how they turned out. :excited:

Erine81981

Reaction score
I always thought they should too. :wink:

To answer your question - I don't know. They don't really say "forum" on them but I take that to be obvious. Originally the intention was to direct viewers to the main page to see all the updates, but there really aren't any this season. It's been a busy year for much of the Muppet Central staff. It's been a strange and hectic couple or so years for me too. Has anyone reviewed the Animal poser yet? Keep waiting for that update.

Anyway, that's probably why the menus aren't over the forum - in order to direct traffic to the main page. However, I think the menus are being missed altogether. And I spent much time on them (years ago). :sympathy:

There are several more coming too. 5 more holiday menus including New Years. Also the Fraggle 25th anniversary menu and the Muppet Central 10th anniversary menu are coming in January. There the same as last year, but with updated numbers, but I enjoyed how they turned out. :excited:
You've done an awsome job on all the menus you've done over the years. Love them all and can't wait for all the others to come. Do you have a favorite that you did? Or one that you think came out better then others you did.

My favorite is the Fraggle Rock one and the Muppet Family Christmas menu with all the Muppets from Sesame Street/Fraggles and Muppets too.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
You've done an awsome job on all the menus you've done over the years. Love them all and can't wait for all the others to come. Do you have a favorite that you did? Or one that you think came out better then others you did.

My favorite is the Fraggle Rock one and the Muppet Family Christmas menu with all the Muppets from Sesame Street/Fraggles and Muppets too.
Thank you very much. My favorite Christmas time menu is probably the Muppet Christmas Carol one because it includes all the ghosts and main characters too. Other holdiay faves are the Valentine's Day with the Muppet couples and the Puppetry Celebration fantasy menu. These came out the best. I always hope to do more menus and want to do some in the new year, but there really needs to be a reason and time to do them. There are so many already. Thanks again. :embarrassed:

Luke

Reaction score
I am in awe of your menus yet again Jamie, fantastic work. I love the detail in what you do, sometimes you look at it and notice something that you didn't before which is very cool.

I'd love to see a Fraggle menu - i guess we have MC's 10th birthday next year so that should be a good excuse, that is if we aren't all meeting up for a champagne texan barbeque to celebrate!