Christmas Menu Descriptions

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow... That's absopolutely fantabulous. Yes, it captures the essence of the special beautifully, and it's quite honored as it was the first special to be chronicled as part of Muppetcast's Christmas episodes.
BTW: Loved the one with the Marleys, was waiting to hear the song to post an appropriate reply, but "life" got in the way.

Thanks for your great art Jamie.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
What I like about this menu is that each Jugband member actually plays his instrument, nice detail!

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Oh, I just love all the detail appearent in these menues! Thanks Jamie for taking the time to make them, and thanks Jamie, Heralde, and anyone else who takes the time to write up descriptions!
:smile: Might I suggest though that we extend this past Christmas, to include all holiday/birthday menues?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oh, I just love all the detail appearent in these menues! Thanks Jamie for taking the time to make them, and thanks Jamie, Heralde, and anyone else who takes the time to write up descriptions!
:smile: Might I suggest though that we extend this past Christmas, to include all holiday/birthday menues?
:excited: Thanks. I do know that there will be a holiday menu up from now through the first day or so of the New Year. We celebrate a variety of Muppet artists and performers on their birthdays or alternative days of his or her choosing. Caroll Spinney and Richard Hunt will have their annual celebration menus up soon. Fraggle Rock 25th anniversary, Muppet Central 10th anniversary, Valentine's, St. Patrick's, April Fool's, Easter/Springtime and Celebration of Puppetry menus will make their annual appearance in the next few months as usual. :zany:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Muppet Holiday Menu Description 4

:zany: Muppet Christmas Carol Menu :concern:

This menu is inspired directly from the movie. Snow falls across the composition. Scrooge appears from far away; head to toe in the center of the frame. The Muppet Central greeting eclipses him and morphs into Merry Christmas in white letters trimmed with red. Gonzo, in his top hat, pops into frame left of the greeting, Rizzo, in his top hat, pops in to the right of it.

From left to right: The cloaked Ghost of Christmas Future fades in on rollover in front of a fenced graveyard. Next to this area is the penguin’s skating area. Miss Piggy Cratchit is seen very small just beside it. There is an archway above two tiny penguins. Upon rollover a larger penguin in a red cap and yellow scarf skates by in the foreground. Next to this is a lamp post next to a building with a wreath and garland adorning it. There’s also a snowman out front. Upon rollover the lamp lights up and Cratchet Kermit slides out into view. He is holding out his top hat and Tiny Tim Robin, who is holding out his crutch, on his shoulder. On rollout they slide back behind the lamp post disappearing. Upon rollover of Gonzo, he ducks a little and his eyes widen while Bean Bunny pops out behind his shoulder.

Upon rollover of Rizzo, he crouches and the Marley ghosts Statler and Waldorf fade in and float above him with their chains and semi-transparency. There are more of the city buildings exposed with a Christmas tree, moon, carolers and Fozziewig very tiny in the doorway of his building. Upon rollover the ethereal floating of the angelic Ghost of Christmas Past, draped in a white gown, fades and flows into frame. Next to her on rollover, the bearded Ghost of Christmas Present steps into frame from behind a wall. He disappears with a twinkling colored light effect on rollout. The red brick wall on the far right of the menu frame has a hole where three members of a mouse family emerge on rollover. A girl mouse is in the center with an empty green bowl.

Again, this captures much of the cold, creepy yet fun aspects of the motion picture. :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Fabu! Oh, this captures the movie's story brilliantly. Love it. Thanks Jamie.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Yes Jamie, terrific as always! So much detail, and how clearly you present it! Do you make all of these menues yourself?

I move that after the holidays, if not sooner, the title of this thread be deseasonalized, so that it can be used the rest of the year as well.
:smile: What do you think?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Thanks! The year-round holiday menus have been in rotation for a few years now. I think they're special :wink: but they're not anything super-new. I hope to make some new ones. Usually there are threads about the current holiday menu that pops up. A thread on them would be fun. I guess we will see and time will tell in or about the New Year menu.

I still wish I had the old file that I was working on for the forum menu. It was somewhat based on the look of the Henson office mural with all the cross-project characters in the Muppet theater. Never happened though. Maybe sometime mid-2008 I can pitch something of that sort.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:smile: Muppet Family Caroling Menu :excited:

A wreath with Rizzo inside is hung on a red brick building with two open windows in the center of the page. A white Muppet Central logo appears over him and then morphs into a Merry Christmas greeting.

The windows of the bulding have black cross-hatched pane sections. All the Muppets are caroling in the snow. Some have festive Santa and knit caps and caroling scrolls. There’s a landscape of snow, two decorated Christmas trees on opposite sides of the page, soft white glowing stars in the blue winter sky and gently falling snow. The characters include (from left to right):

Big Bird, Oscar (on rollover), Count, Cookie Monster, Grover (on rollover), Prairie Dawn, Wembley, Red, Mokey, Puppyduck & Mopatop (from UK’s Mopatop’s Shop), Sprocket (on rollover), Gobo, Boober, Bert, Elmo (on rollover), Ernie, Tutter & Bear (in the building’s left window), Waldorf & Statler (in the building’s right window), Kermit, Robin (on rollover), Miss Piggy, Janice, Floyd, Animal (on rollover), Dr. Teeth, Scooter, Gonzo wearing a knitted nose-warmer (on rollover), Sam, Droop, Fozzie, and Sweetums.

This one tends to be a favorite of all types of fans because of its inclusive design. I always wanted to make another such composition down the line.

:zany:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yaey!

Here we come a-caroling o'er the leaves of green.
Here we come a-wassling so fair to be seen.
Love and joy come to you.
And to you glad tidings too.
And God bless you and send you a merry new year.
And God send you a merry new year.

Thank you Jamie... Sure hope you get to make another nice Muppet Family menu.