ALF Joins Fox News - "The O'Reilly Factor"

Luke

Reaction score
I saw it. Nice interview, although it seemed like they edited it up a lot to show clips from the sitcom. ALF & Bill seemed to get on (lol), and although i would have preferred to see him there live they did say he might be back soon for political commentary. It should replay at about 11.45pm eastern if anyone who missed it wants to see it tonight..

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I saw it. Nice interview, although it seemed like they edited it up a lot to show clips from the sitcom. ALF & Bill seemed to get on (lol), and although i would have preferred to see him there live they did say he might be back soon for political commentary. It should replay at about 11.45pm eastern if anyone who missed it wants to see it tonight..
Yeah, Bill-O likes to tape his more "wild card" guests so that he may edit them to appear to have the higher ground. Just how he is. I expected that the interview would be bumped because of the Clinton campaign headquarters hostage story. Hope that resolved itself. Some guy off his meds. Not being cute there, it was literally some dude with road flares off his meds. :crazy:

Back to the interview. I'm hoping to catch it online or on YouTube. Spending time with my fella tonight (who is playing insipid video games right now, hence this little break). :wink:

Any real substance to the interview? Did any of ALF's mocking of Bill-O make it through? :zany:

Luke

Reaction score
Not much substance to the interview, a few wisecracks here and there. I'm not sure how to edit out the ads but i'll try and youtube it tommorow.

Luke

Reaction score
The appearance is now up on the web as Fox News top video, it can be seen by clicking here

Also the trailer got a great youtube puppet video reply from James Wotjal. It's a shame they didn't put out an ALF calendar this year given the timing.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
i think i found my new hobby, ok having just watched it,

angry puppet and i are in agreement ,that was the dumbest idea we have seen ina while,
1:30 of original content, 3 minutes of ALF stock Footage

Luke

Reaction score
i think i found my new hobby
Yea well done, lol.

I dunno whether they cut up a longer interview anyway, but even more might have been edited out for the Hilary Clinton hostage coverage.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
They kept cutting ALF's comedic momentum, but what there was of him was good. I forgot how expressive that puppet is - even in the 80s. I watched the first three seasons of ALF religiously, but then it kinda got away from me. :embarrassed:

I do wish they'd bring the cartoon back somewhere. It was so interesting-looking with funky storylines. I used to be able to draw ALF quite well! :smile:

I hope ALF comes back. Heck, Kermit's been on Fox News' Hannity and Colmes. You don't get to be more of a boob than Sean Hannity. That guy is like Rush Limbaugh, but without the half-a-brain. Just stuffin' up there and old W Bush campaign bumper stickers. :wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Lol, they were reading letters at the end of O'Reilly tonight and someone wrote in "Kermit the Frog would have been better!" :smile:

MGov

Reaction score
Bernie Brillstein wrote about ALF in his autobiography "You're No One in Hollywood Until Someone Wants You Dead, Where Did I Go Right?". He was a producer on the TV show as well as being Paul Fusco's manager (Paul Fusco is ALF's puppeteer). Brillstein was also Jim Henson's manager.

He wrote:

ALF only caused me one problem: with Jim Henson. David Lazar told me that Jim was not happy that I owned part of it. (I never heard this from Jim... he never discussed it directly with me.)
Brillstein went on to talk about the differences between ALF and the Muppets and that, since he repped a lot of different actors, why couldn't he rep different puppeteers?

Just adding a new knot to the thread that doesn't refer to FAKE News Channel, er, I mean, FOX News Channel.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Bernie Brillstein wrote about ALF in his autobiography "You're No One in Hollywood Until Someone Wants You Dead, Where Did I Go Right?". He was a producer on the TV show as well as being Paul Fusco's manager (Paul Fusco is ALF's puppeteer). Brillstein was also Jim Henson's manager.

He wrote:

Brillstein went on to talk about the differences between ALF and the Muppets and that, since he repped a lot of different actors, why couldn't he rep different puppeteers?

Just adding a new knot to the thread that doesn't refer to FAKE News Channel, er, I mean, FOX News Channel.
Very interesting. I could see Jim being a little upset about it. But I agree with Bernie - he's an agent, that's what they do. :wink:

Also, I tend to refer to it as the FAUX News Channel. It's so infotaining with the misinformation. I tend to flip between Bill-O on Fox and Olberman on MSNBC. By the way, 45 minutes into each Keith Olberman he does his "Worst Persons in the World" segment - 2 runners up and 1 winner. Bill-O is usually in the mix and he explains what these people did wrong. Today Keith charged one of the lesser-known Fox "reporters" with blaming the Clinton headquarters hostage incident on Hillary! Oh, Faux News Channel...:zany: