1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

ALF Joins Fox News - "The O'Reilly Factor"

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by Luke, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Luke

Luke Active Member

I saw it. Nice interview, although it seemed like they edited it up a lot to show clips from the sitcom. ALF & Bill seemed to get on (lol), and although i would have preferred to see him there live they did say he might be back soon for political commentary. It should replay at about 11.45pm eastern if anyone who missed it wants to see it tonight..
  2. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Yeah, Bill-O likes to tape his more "wild card" guests so that he may edit them to appear to have the higher ground. Just how he is. I expected that the interview would be bumped because of the Clinton campaign headquarters hostage story. Hope that resolved itself. Some guy off his meds. Not being cute there, it was literally some dude with road flares off his meds. :crazy:

Back to the interview. I'm hoping to catch it online or on YouTube. Spending time with my fella tonight (who is playing insipid video games right now, hence this little break). ;)

Any real substance to the interview? Did any of ALF's mocking of Bill-O make it through? :zany:
  3. Luke

Luke Active Member

Not much substance to the interview, a few wisecracks here and there. I'm not sure how to edit out the ads but i'll try and youtube it tommorow.
  4. Luke

Luke Active Member

The appearance is now up on the web as Fox News top video, it can be seen by clicking here

Also the trailer got a great youtube puppet video reply from James Wotjal. It's a shame they didn't put out an ALF calendar this year given the timing.
  5. ravagefrackle

ravagefrackle New Member

i think i found my new hobby, ok having just watched it,

angry puppet and i are in agreement ,that was the dumbest idea we have seen ina while,
    1:30 of original content, 3 minutes of ALF stock Footage
  6. Luke

Luke Active Member

Yea well done, lol.

I dunno whether they cut up a longer interview anyway, but even more might have been edited out for the Hilary Clinton hostage coverage.
  7. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

They kept cutting ALF's comedic momentum, but what there was of him was good. I forgot how expressive that puppet is - even in the 80s. I watched the first three seasons of ALF religiously, but then it kinda got away from me. :o

I do wish they'd bring the cartoon back somewhere. It was so interesting-looking with funky storylines. I used to be able to draw ALF quite well! :)

I hope ALF comes back. Heck, Kermit's been on Fox News' Hannity and Colmes. You don't get to be more of a boob than Sean Hannity. That guy is like Rush Limbaugh, but without the half-a-brain. Just stuffin' up there and old W Bush campaign bumper stickers. ;)
  8. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Lol, they were reading letters at the end of O'Reilly tonight and someone wrote in "Kermit the Frog would have been better!" :)
  9. MGov

MGov New Member

Bernie Brillstein wrote about ALF in his autobiography "You're No One in Hollywood Until Someone Wants You Dead, Where Did I Go Right?". He was a producer on the TV show as well as being Paul Fusco's manager (Paul Fusco is ALF's puppeteer). Brillstein was also Jim Henson's manager.

He wrote:

Brillstein went on to talk about the differences between ALF and the Muppets and that, since he repped a lot of different actors, why couldn't he rep different puppeteers?

Just adding a new knot to the thread that doesn't refer to FAKE News Channel, er, I mean, FOX News Channel.
  10. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Very interesting. I could see Jim being a little upset about it. But I agree with Bernie - he's an agent, that's what they do. ;)

Also, I tend to refer to it as the FAUX News Channel. It's so infotaining with the misinformation. I tend to flip between Bill-O on Fox and Olberman on MSNBC. By the way, 45 minutes into each Keith Olberman he does his "Worst Persons in the World" segment - 2 runners up and 1 winner. Bill-O is usually in the mix and he explains what these people did wrong. Today Keith charged one of the lesser-known Fox "reporters" with blaming the Clinton headquarters hostage incident on Hillary! Oh, Faux News Channel...:zany:
  11. I can't believe how many liberal puppeteers are on here.
    Let's discuss the bias of one tv station, or how about the liberal bias of the vast majority of the major media? Funny stuff.

Oh, and Alf rules.
  12. Luke

Luke Active Member

Yea Jim wasn't pleased with ALF (i gather Henson had turned it down, so you can see why) but it wasn't a bitter thing. Jim did a joke about ALF & Miss Piggy at Bernie Brillstein's Hollywood roast. Also he met with Fusco at a poker night just before his death.
  13. MGov

MGov New Member

I think what Henson was more bothered by was that Brillstein was a producer on and put money into ALF but didn't do the same with the Muppets. Of course, Brillstein was just a manager until the late seventies and by then, the Muppets were already a big hit.

As for the "liberal bias of the vast majority of the major media", that's kind of like UFO's: People talk about it, but nobody seems able to prove it actually exists.
  14. spcglider

spcglider Member

I think what you're looking for is the "FAUX News Channel".

-Gordon
  15. spcglider

spcglider Member

Goes without saying... I couldn't disagree with you more. Can you please tell me the names of the liberal tycoons who own all those liberal media outlets in the United States?

In deference to our good friends here on the board, please do so in PM.

-Gordon
  16. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Um, General Electric, Microsoft, Rupert Murdoch, Time Warner, Viacom, Disney...oh, you're asking for liberal companies that own television and cable news outlets. I just gave you a list of corporate interests focused on turning profits and holding on to every dime they can. My bad. Don’t I feel foolish? ;)
  17. spcglider

spcglider Member

You may feel foolish, but well put sir!

-G
  18. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

19. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Thanks for posting that, Fozzie! It's so annoying how every 10 seconds they would show a clip. It wasn't an interview, it was someone being nostalgic more than anything. And Bill O'Reilly was trying to grill him about what he's been doing for 17 years like there was some big important truth behind it. It just made Bill look bad. Alf looked and sounded good but the interview came across as really awful. He needs someone else to interview him that will give him the chance to shine.
  20. ravagefrackle

ravagefrackle New Member

Back to alf talk, when the topic of ALF came up atthe shop , back in the day, what i heard was this little bit of info recalled from a conversation with Jim

Random Workshop Employee-"Jim, people think that we made ALF, arnt you worried about that?

Jim-"Hmmmm, no , i guess thats a good thing really"

just some food for thought, i dont really think he was concerned with Alf as competion, more as a a periferal characyer that helped the acseptince of puppetry in general, he was after all interested in inovation, and how puppetry could be used in different settings.

He did after all try to do a sitcom centered on a puppeteers life (PUPPET MAN) witrh soem great puppets that were pretty much background to thehuman element