Proposal: Fraggle Rock ; The Musical

wwfpooh

Reaction score
But the entire original series rested on musical scores and the relationships between each of the species involved.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Muppets, especially Fraggles, have always been about music. That's what would make a musical interesting, but I have to agree about the outfits. I know, I know Charlie Brown did a show with outfits and so did Pooh at one point and yeah, the costumes were artsy and didn't look right to me. It was too different for my taste.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Agreed. Deviating from the premise of a franchise irks me.

Mokey's sweet

Reaction score
Yes, i see what you mean.

1 - puppets :smirk:
the original look and feel of the show, by using "Avenue Q" like puppets we can create almost a replica of the TV series by having the audince not Watch Fraggle Rock, but be IN fraggle Rock, but it makes the actors more limited to what they can do on stage and lowers the Fragglesic engery that th show needs

2 - costumes:excited:
this way we see the charthers in a more theatrical and "Suesscal" like form. this gives the actors more flexablity and the audince something diffrent. it gives more time to rehurse instead of learning puppetering. also this gives us a chance to do some amzing dance rotnes. it will also make the show diffrent by the achual designs themselves

Mokey's sweet

Reaction score
But the entire original series rested on musical scores and the relationships between each of the species involved.
That's the whole reason i'm doing the show, the messages really got me in the heart, so i wanna geives those messages to a new and diffrent audince :smile:

Mokey's sweet

Reaction score
not to burst the bubble, but the last thing i want to see is some sort of Taymor-esque vision of the Fraggles with people running around on stage in "ARTSY" fraggle costumes like the lion king or something

if it was done sort of like Avenue q it might work, but thats just me, im not a big musical theatre fan,
i don't mean like REALLY fancy artsy fartsy. just so the suits & make up don't look cheap, have them look soo good and soo pofesinal, if would look as if these people COULD be fraggles. so less like "Lion King" & more like "Suessical" :excited:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
and lowers the Fragglesic engery that th show needs
Wrong. The series itself did well considering it was done using puppets and besides, with all these "remakes" that ruin franchises, it would be nice to see one stay true to its roots for once.

Mokey's sweet

Reaction score
Muppets, especially Fraggles, have always been about music. That's what would make a musical interesting, but I have to agree about the outfits. I know, I know Charlie Brown did a show with outfits and so did Pooh at one point and yeah, the costumes were artsy and didn't look right to me. It was too different for my taste.
i do admit that the "Charile Brown" suits were cheap and looked crappy. but these suits will look more like FRAGGLES.

Mokey's sweet

Reaction score
Wrong. The series itself did well considering it was done using puppets and besides, with all these "remakes" that ruin franchises, it would be nice to see one stay true to its roots for once.
OK, (Sigh) i see your point, i'll see what i can do, thanks for distorying my vision. in fact, on second thought, i'll leave it. no one wants a fraggle show, you lot have shown me that. i'll stop writing it an tell the jim henson company that i'm a complete failer, as i've always been, and sorry to all of you for wasting your time. i've such a fool to think i could do this.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Although that's not to say a redone musical wouldn't do well, but it might not set well with core fans.