Proposal: Fraggle Rock ; The Musical

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Disney's "Underdog" is NOT the true Underdog! The real Underdog doesn't have a stupid kid actor butchering his beloved theme song, the real Underdog doesn't need a master, the real Underdog doesn't use tongue-in-cheek potty humor, the real Underdog does speak in rhyme all the time (although this might not have worked in the modern sense, it would've been good to see the character use the rhyming to stress key points and stuff), the real Underdog is an anthro dog-like canine and NOT an actual dog of any kind, Underdog's main foe--Simon Bar Sinister--is an ugly-looking twisted madman and NOT a prettyboy warped genius, Underdog's second main foe--Riff Raff--is a tough-as-nails mafia leader that resembles a wolf and NOT a pathetic rotweiller who runs away like a wuss, the Lois Lane to Underdog's Superman in "Sweet" Polly Purebread is supposed to be an ace TV reporter (that's based on Marilyn Monroe) that does love Underdog although she is NOT meant to be a nude female dog on a leash that wants to proverbially get into Underdog's cape & make puppies, etc.

Need I go on? All Disney did was take a beloved franchise and tack its name to their version of a superhero dog movie, withOUT keeping true to the core premise of the franchise they said they were trying to emulate. Thusly, the Mouse House version of Underdog is NOT the true Underdog that's transended generations, and the very fact that it is geared towards children that don't know about the character or children that don't even give two squats about the character in the first place proves that the film was made to make money off of an established character legacy withOUT caring a lick about keeping true to said legacy.

What occured with poor Underdog is NOT what I want to happen to Fraggle Rock via this musical idea OR the upcoming film, because as a fan, one doesn't want to see the legacy that Henson created be destroyed or utterly ruined just to make it "hip" or for money-related (i.e. mostly greed-driven) reasons.

SSLFan

Reaction score
I kinda of liked the updated verison. It's seem pretty hip and all. I understand everyone likes things to stay the way they are but not everything can. So i'll go see it when i get a chance no matter what anyone says about it.
Well some things can just be left alone sometimes. Not EVERYTHING has to be updated for modern folks.