Favorite Rankin-Bass Christmas Special

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
I've said it before, and I'll say it again! Santa Clause Is Coming to Town! I

Other than that, I like all of the other Santa Clause cartoons, Rudolf's Shiney Newyear, (shamefully unfamiliar with the first one), the original Frosty, and (not sure if this is the exact title), The First Christmas. It's the one about the Sheepherd that looses his sight.
:smile:know now of course that it was not the first one made, but it was the first one I ever saw, and so I will always think of it as the first one! The songs are great, and I just love the whole "bad guy turns good" idea in stories!

wwfpooh

Reaction score
:smile:know now of course that it was not the first one made, but it was the first one I ever saw, and so I will always think of it as the first one
Well, I am partial to the genuine first one, that being the original Rankin/Bass Rudolph, because it made the character even more loveable!

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
My my, that post got a bit messed up,
:frown: but it appears that my message got through.
:smile:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
That it did. But 'tis that many of us share many similar tastes in other things besides Muppetdom.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Yes, one of the things I've always loved about MC, and coincidently, a good selling point when you're telling a passive muppet fan about the site!
:wink:

Also, notice how a lot of us have similar interests in a lot of areas? I could go on and on about what makes a muppet fan, but that, as they say, is another thread.
:smile:

Xerus

Reaction score
My favorites are....

Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer
Frosty the Snowman
Santa Claus is Coming to Town
Rudolph's Shiny New Year
Frosty's Winter Wonderland
The Year Without a Santa Claus
Rudolph and Frosty's Christmas in July
Jack Frost

Son of Enik

Reaction score
Everybody has mentioned the great ones, but I was always partial to Nestor The Long-Eared Donkey. Nestor was a cute little character, and I like how he helped Mary and Joseph get to Bethlehem because his ears kept Mary warm. I also loved the fact that Roger Miller narrated and sang the title song.
Nestor seems to be the forgotten Rankin/Bass special, but it has always had a special place in my heart. Rudolph and Frosty's Christmas in July is a good one too...Ethel Merman as a Circus owner, classic!