Favorite Rankin-Bass Christmas Special

Erine81981

Reaction score
I pretty much like everyone of them. I can't pick just one....expect for "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" one. I love the "Put One Foot In Front Of The Other" song. I can't keep that one out of my head.

But like i said i enjoy everyone one of them and would love to see "Little Durmmer Boy Book II and "Frosty's Winter Wonderland" come out on DVD. I can't seem to find them. I have the 5 Classic speicals on DVD that came out sometime of last year but now they've come out with another one with two other speicals. It always makes me mad when they create something then come out with it again with something more on it.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Everybody has mentioned the great ones, but I was always partial to Nestor The Long-Eared Donkey. Nestor was a cute little character, and I like how he helped Mary and Joseph get to Bethlehem because his ears kept Mary warm. I also loved the fact that Roger Miller narrated and sang the title song.
Nestor seems to be the forgotten Rankin/Bass special, but it has always had a special place in my heart. Rudolph and Frosty's Christmas in July is a good one too...Ethel Merman as a Circus owner, classic!
Indeed. Certainly Nestor is vastly underrated and not seen very often.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
So it was Roger More? I didn't know that, thanks. Yes, I have seen that one a few times. Hmmm, maybe I will get them on DVD one day. Are they all on one disk, or what?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
No. The disks are haphazardly made, showing usually one special as the main attraction and the second one as a mere addition.