The MuppetCast - Show #39 - Dance Your Cares Away!

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Thanks Ernie! I hope Jocelyn happens to read across this thread and sees how much everyone enjoyed her on the podcast. Always glad to be of service.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Steve. Quick BTW: The name of the World's Oldest Fraggle's flunkie, the one he always hit or bopped on the nose with his walking stick? Henchi Fraggle.
Hope this helps.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Henchy! That's right. I couldn't think of it when I was recording that segment, but he was always good for a laugh. Although the Muppet Wiki has a funny way of describing him:

"He usually repeats everything the World's Oldest Fraggle says before the World's Oldest Fraggle has a chance to say it."

I'm not sure how that works, repeating something that someone else hasn't said yet, lol. But yes, good call as always, Count.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
No prob. Haven't watched any of the two seasons of FR I have, gotsta get Season 3, though maybe I'll do that this fall with Season 4. Memories of this great show hark back to happier times... But hey, let's celebrate. There's a party goin' round, so all you Fraggles gather near. For the time has come I've found. To sing and dance right here!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Sure dwayne, I think I can help you there:

Not that I'm biased or anything, but Fraggle Rock IS as good as everyone says it is. It's a fun, lighthearted show that is very Muppet-y at its core, yet is very different in some ways from the Muppet Show. FR represented Jim Henson's big chance to do something huge to change the world, and Jim took it as a chance to make an international children's show that did, I think many will agree, leave a big impact on many of us.

Jim was very involved with Sesame Street and The Muppet Show, overseeing practically every detail. With Fraggle Rock, he let those in his core group take the reigns, and while he was out working on projects like Dark Crystal and Labyrinth, he gave this group of people consisting of producers, performers, and writers, enough freedom to take what they'd learned from Jim over the years and make the show that so many of us watched weekly on HBO. Jim was immensely involved in the planning and formation stages of the show, and was in fact there at the beginning of shooting, but as time went on and he became more busy, Jim only returned to the Fraggle set periodically. These appearances are manifested in the show with characters like Cantus the Minstrel and Convincing John, among others.

The episodes are, luckily, very easy to come by these days. Go pick up season one and get started! If you have any trouble finding it, let me know. I think you'll really enjoy what you see!
Thanks Steve I think i have been a little afraid to watch Fraggle Rock because it would be another kids show made by the Muppets and i would be made fun of. then i think ya know what i really should not care what people think of me with my love for the Muppets. I have loved the Muppets for as long as i can remember, and I am not going to let people make me hide how i feel about the Muppets and the work of Jim Henson. \
I look at you and Greg from the Muppet news Flash, and think man if i could just get back on fire for my love for the Muppets then i would really feel better about myself because i think i have been holding back and not letting my love for the Muppets and such really shine. This year i'm going to do that and I'm not going to be afraid of what others think. Thanks Steve again for kind of showing me where i have lacked.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Thanks Steve I think i have been a little afraid to watch Fraggle Rock because it would be another kids show made by the Muppets and i would be made fun of. then i think ya know what i really should not care what people think of me with my love for the Muppets. I have loved the Muppets for as long as i can remember, and I am not going to let people make me hide how i feel about the Muppets and the work of Jim Henson.
Yeah don't worry about what other people think of you, especially when many kids shows (especially Muppet ones) are better than most adult show! :wink:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Yeah don't worry about what other people think of you, especially when many kids shows (especially Muppet ones) are better than most adult show! :wink:
Your so right about that one i even feel kind of dirty when i watch some of my late night talk shows. If you know what i mean.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I noticed a mistake in the podcast. I should have brought it up earlier, but didn't. It's said that Change of Address is the second episode to not have the regular ending. That is not true. Ther eare three episodes with different endings. The other two are The Bells of Fraggle Roc and The River of Life (the one that The Count mentioned where Doc experiments with the water supply).

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Really, River of Life? Huh. I'll have to go back and watch that one. Thanks for pointing that out, I never would have known!