VCR Alert: Oscar on "1 vs 100" (1/11/08)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks GelflingWaldo. Saw this appearance by our favorite furry grouch.

So, what did we learn about Oscar from this?
After the first contestant, one of his literary heroes is Mr. Edward Hyde.
After the second contestant, we now know Oscar's always been 43 years old.
And plus, another Muppets/Playboy connection for Muppet Wiki's archives.

A great appearance, would've liked for Oscar to have stayed on longer though.

BEAR

Reaction score
It was a great appearance. Oscar was so funny and Bob Saget was great interacting with him. It was so silly seeing Oscar get excited and clap though. It was just kinda strange, but I guess it's nice to see him having a good time for a grouch. It was also funny seeing him just hanging out in darkness after he was out. He'll be back though, Ed. The last contestant is coming back next time and finishing off with the same mob group. So Oscar will still be there. Not sure if he'll be focused on much though.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... If Oscar will be back on Monday to finish up Joe Lorenzo's turn, then the grouch will remain in the shadows as he was eliminated. But that makes me wonder if he'll be part of the mob for the following contestant, should there be any carry-over to Tuesday or not. And I was planning on watching the new American Gladiators at that time spot. Oh well, that just means I'll be switching channels.

Look forward to seeing if Oscar will have one last turn though.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hmmm... If Oscar will be back on Monday to finish up Joe Lorenzo's turn, then the grouch will remain in the shadows as he was eliminated. But that makes me wonder if he'll be part of the mob for the following contestant, should there be any carry-over to Tuesday or not. And I was planning on watching the new American Gladiators at that time spot. Oh well, that just means I'll be switching channels.

Look forward to seeing if Oscar will have one last turn though.
I might add that Muppet wiki has stated it will be a series of appearances. That could mean anywhere from 2-3 episodes. In the preview for the next episode he was still visable.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Huh? Series of appearances? Ooh! Will definitely have to watch these then.

the80sdrummer

Reaction score
Do we know if it's Caroll Spinney or some other Muppet performer? Also, anyone know who the second person working Oscar's hand is?

RustyDog

Reaction score
Do we know if it's Caroll Spinney or some other Muppet performer? Also, anyone know who the second person working Oscar's hand is?
So does this mean there were multiple puppeteers?
Anyway I thought it was good,. Only it would be better if he had been shown more... Oh well, he was still funny anyway.:wink: When Oscar has been on he does really well. I think I have only seen him get an answer wrong a few times.