Fraggle Rock Season 4 may not be released separately

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Agreed. We just want to be assured that everything is going well.

Luke

Reaction score
All I know is that my no region player did not have any fancy add ons and the AUS season four plays fine on it :excited:
The DVD player or TV must have a NTSC-PAL converter built in, even if it doesn't say. Not all recent ones do - it depends on the model. I think most people with older players/tv's and also some cheaper models might have problems with this - i guess the only way is to try it.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Like I said, it was dependant on the stuff one has.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
To note, I have a few DVDs from the UK, and a number from Japan, and all play fine on my Region Free player. I got mine from YesAsia.com, so that might be a good place to find something :smile: If you don't want to go for that, I was also able to find a special, free program to put on my computer that lets you play DVDs from all regions. So I'm pretty set, I think! If you're interested, PM me and I'll give you the name - I don't believe it's against the rules but I want to be safe.

Incidentally, is this E-Z place reputable? I'm always weary of online stores with names like E-Z DVD :x

LeanneRivett

Reaction score
My DVD's came today, so happy, I've never seen the animated series so looking forward to it. I think I'm going to have a Fragglefest this weekend. Poor old Bloke, he'll have to sit on the Mac all weekend and find an anti Henson / Disney forum site to rank about me on!.

LOL

Leanne
x

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Incidentally, is this E-Z place reputable? I'm always weary of online stores with names like E-Z DVD :x
I've bought dvd's from them a handfull of times and theres not any problems at all with them, they are used to handle international customers.

Squall Leonhart

Reaction score
...what?

This is the first I have heard about this, I was on vacation for two weeks, when did HIT loose their mind? I emailed them, no response. I bought the previous three seasons and this is a total slap in the face. I can't fork out 100 + for the complete series, I was barley able to pay the 35-50 dollar price tag for the separate seasons. I think I may just download it, and I'm going to boycott HIT. I'm just one person and may not make a difference, but I'm going to try, anybody else not buying this?

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I've bought dvd's from them a handfull of times and theres not any problems at all with them, they are used to handle international customers.
Ah OK, thank you :smile:

Squall Leonhart: Nope, I won't be buying this at all. Season 4 is all I want, so if I have to resort to buying it from another country to get it, I will!

LeanneRivett

Reaction score
I brought mine from EZDVD.com.au they came within 4 days of purchase from Australia to the UK. They do all 4 seasons and the animated series too.

The whole set cost me £69.00 including postage. Very good service. I notice that they also do the whole series of Smurfs in a box set for the same price. I may buy that next month.

The only difference between the Australian DVD's and the US / UK versions is the fact they don't have special features and they have a big "G - General" on the front. The packaging is fantastic. I'm not bothered about the special features as I have them on a UK DVD that came out back in the 90's. The only difference for me is, I've now had to get used to Fraggle Rock with Doc's workshop, rather than the Lighthouse Keeper which we had in the UK.

I watched the first disc this morning, couldn't believe how good they where, I appreciate them more as an adult.

Thank you Redsonga for the tip, You've made an old girl very happy!

Leanne
x

Redsonga

Reaction score
The problem I now see--beyond season four not being released seperately in the Western nations--is that it costs a good chunk of change to get the last season imported for those who wish to do that.
It didn't cost me anymore than shipping in the US for a set, $5-7 or so :smile: